Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

One template per 6 months?

• radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

One template per 6 months?

Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    • I want only ask you > Why? You said one template per 4-6 weeks... It is shame.
    • The following users have thanked you: oceano

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: One template per 6 months?

• Joomla: Denali - 3/16/18 | Fluent - 12/19/17 | Aurora - 10/19/17

3 templates in almost exactly 5 months = 7.2 weeks on average

Wordpress Templates were released along the same schedule and Grav has had templates released at about 2x that as we port older themes to Grav.

Our new Joomla template should be out very shortly.

In this time we've also been prepping Gantry 5 for the massive Joomla 4 overhaul which requires a large rewrite. We've also begun porting G4 themes to G5 in support of that; we've released Myriad for G5 already; which itself is an entirely new Theme (as it had to be completely rewritten for G5, even though it's based on an old design). We've also begun porting G5 templates that relied on Joomla Extensions to use G5 Particles instead (Callisto and Ambrosia already completed) and if you factor those all in we're actually well inside that 4-6 week range.

In the post you reference where we said we're going to try and stick to a 4-6 week release date (of which we're still pretty close to at 7.2 weeks) we also state that it is in itself not a strict/arbitrary deadline and that we'll be releasing templates when they're ready.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: Christoph Hagedorn

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thank you Matt. But I see it this way.

Joomla :
      January > 0
      February > 0
      March > 1
      April > 0
      May > 0
      June > ? it is 1st in 2 days. I do not think the template will be out tomorrow.

The result is 1 template in 6 months. Even if I am ot right and there was not 1 template in 6 months there is 1 template in 5 months.

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Depends how one measures a "month" I suppose; I calculated it at 30.5 days.

I don't have anything to add to my previous reply other than we don't guarantee we'll release X amount of templates over Y amount of time, templates are released when they're ready, and I know the RT team is working as hard as ever on the things in my last post and things to come.

If you're unhappy with your purchase/subscription in any way you can always email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• May 1. Myriad for G5. That was a total template re-write from the ground up. It shouldn't be discounted.

Also a brand new design is coming out very...very...very soon.
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • Gravster
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • PHP veteran

• As a Grav club member I personally think that the "timing" betwean themes is "just right". Especially if you count in the fact that the themes are "complex" and you can get a heck more than just one web design (site) per theme (not talking about styles).
    • Arguing with myself about php for the last 15 years.
  • Re: One template per 6 months?

• 4 GRAV templates were released this year. The template for Joomla was 1.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Grzegorz Wójcik.

• radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I agee with you. 1 template = 6 months. It is very unhappy and sad. They are facts.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by radek.
  • Re: One template per 6 months?

• Ryan M Pierson wrote:
      May 1. Myriad for G5. That was a total template re-write from the ground up. It shouldn't be discounted.

So these conversions will replace a normally scheduled "New Joomla Template release". Sounds like your selling us the same product twice. You never mentioned that in your Facebook post!
    • The following users have thanked you: oceano, radek

• Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• RedRum wrote:
      Ryan M Pierson wrote:
      May 1. Myriad for G5. That was a total template re-write from the ground up. It shouldn't be discounted.

So these conversions will replace a normally scheduled "New Joomla Template release". Sounds like your selling us the same product twice. You never mentioned that in your Facebook post!

I feel as though you're intentionally leaving out the very next sentence I said. We are literally days away from another template release.
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds