Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) impacts on RT Themes

• SOLVED GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) impacts on RT Themes

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • Hi,
      I was looking through Rockettheme's site for any references or discussions to GDPR (the new European regulations).
      I would have thought there would be some impacts on the themes - specifically the contact forms, but I have not seen or heard of any updates to the themes that Rockettheme may be providing to help users with GDPR compliance.
      Is there any updates in the works, or theme updates specific to helping us be compliant?
      Thanks
      Gary
    • Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Gary Sande.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) impacts on RT Themes

• Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: SOLVED GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) impacts on RT Themes

• Gary Sande wrote:
      I would have thought there would be some impacts on the themes - specifically the contact forms, but I have not seen or heard of any updates to the themes that Rockettheme may be providing to help users with GDPR compliance.

We typically build around the CMS' own contact form system in our themes/demos. All of that falls on the CMS and the people using it. Adding a disclaimer prior to a contact form submission or something along those lines is all aside from the theme itself.

Our themes don't retain information, and we don't do anything to track anything on the theme files themselves. We keep track of your subscription here, and any forum post(s) you make, but the theme does not itself collect any data from your users.
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds