0 items Join Now

Myriad (Gantry 5 Edition) is Now Released for Joomla

• Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Myriad (Gantry 5 Edition) is Now Released for Joomla

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • Here it is !

If you have already purchased Myriad for Joomla, or have a current Joomla Club membership, you already have Myriad: Gantry 5 Edition. You can find it in the downloads for Myriad on Joomla.

There are some important notes here that we want to make sure you are aware of regarding this, and any future Gantry 4 -> Gantry 5 releases.

This is a Separate Template
      This is a separate template to the Myriad G4 joomla. Directory name is even different g5_myriad. So if users install and update, and don’t want to migrate at this point, they can quickly switch back and everything will work as it was.

RokSprocket Styling / Overrides are Not Included on Initial Release
      No RokSprocket styling or overrides. So any RokSprocket modules that are in place that are using overrides from Myriad G4 will actually require a resaving the module itself to restore it back to the front end when the G5 template is the Default. But even then, only simple default styling is available.

Layout Presets for Subpages are Included
      We have added loadable layouts from our RocketLauncher package (like portfolio / team / about / services). So users can utilize those via the Standalone if they would like. This is a quick way to get up and running with the template without having to start from scratch with a RocketLauncher.

Owl Feature & Strips Particles Do Not Pull Content from the CMS in the Initial Release
      Owl (Feature / Strips) does not currently have content import option from Joomla articles. So simple settings via particles will have to be used. This may change in a future update, based on demand.

It's important that we emphasize that this is a new template entirely from the Myriad that exists for Gantry 4. It has the same design elements and much of the same features, but because it was rewritten from scratch to meet the requirements of Gantry 5, it will require some reconfiguration and likely some development work (for any customizations) on the part of the developer to convert an existing site.

That said, enjoy! There are no additional purchases necessary to download and utilize this edition of Myriad. It's simply an additional option for those of you that have either purchased Myriad or maintain a current Joomla Club Membership. Myriad for Gantry 5 is also available for Grav, and will be coming out for WordPress soon.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Ryan M Pierson.
    • The following users have thanked you: Michael Breitmar, Bosko Skondric

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: Myriad (Gantry 5 Edition) is Now Released for Joomla

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • I want to make a quick note here from a team standpoint. This was a lot of work on the part of a member of our team that went above and beyond to find a way to bring new life to some of our most popular Gantry 4 templates and themes. We have been struggling with how to bring these designs to Joomla 4 and beyond, and this is the most viable solution we could find.

Reggie went out of his way to create a proof of concept for Myriad G5 and push for its creation. He spearheaded the project himself, and the results are no less than outstanding.
    • The following users have thanked you: Brian Shea, Michael Breitmar, Kat05, djSoft, Queenielass, LyricTech, Sue Conradie, Julian Pardo

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
  • Re: Myriad (Gantry 5 Edition) is Now Released for Joomla

Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    • This has to be one of my favourite templates. I can't find a way to thank Reggie, so please can you pass on my heartfelt thanks?
    • I can see clearly now the brain has gone.....
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• Please update rockettheme.com/joomla-templates-compatibility-matrix for Myriad G5. Are any other templates being updated or have the G4 to G5 upgrades been abandoned? I'm interested in Vermilion.
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• rajeev

Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    • I'm having big problems upgrading from the gantry 4 to gantry 5 version of this template.
      I've tried even completely uninstalling it, but I still keep getting a message to install the gantry template framework.

Can you please provide exact steps on how to correctly upgrade from the v4 to v5 template?
      I realize they are different templates too.
  • Re: Myriad (Gantry 5 Edition) is Now Released for Joomla

• I have same problem.
      I write email 7 days ago no replay at all.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds