Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Recommended way to implement Social Login apps in Gantry5 templates

• Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Recommended way to implement Social Login apps in Gantry5 templates

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • Hi,

I want to enable visitors to my sites that use different Gantry 5 templates (Flux, Interstellar and Callisto) to register or log in with their social network accounts. I understand that in Gantry 5 one way of achieving that, is by adding the relevant social network app code through the relevant outline's Page Settings. However, taking Facebook as an example, the Facebook SDK for JavaScript checks whether the visitor is logged into the site using the Facebook App as soon as the page loads. I want to avoid that and only carry out that check, if the user decides that s/he wants to login/register with Facebook. Is there a way of integrating the Facebook SDK in the Joomla Login module in Gantry 5 templates to achieve that?

Another option I have found, is to use Akeebabackup's "Social Login" plugin, which does not use the Facebook SDK, but which I could not get to work properly (after login the user is not taken to the redirect URI).

Is there a recommneded way for implemeting registration and login using social network apps that would only load the app of the network selected by the user?

Thank you!
    • Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Carl L..
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Recommended way to implement Social Login apps in Gantry5 templates

• There are extensions available on JED that can help you to implement this... here's just one I found https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/social-login-by-miniorange/ - but there are others too.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Carl L.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thanks, Mark, so no specific solution for Gantry 5, I understand. Just wanted to make sure I had not overlooked anything from the Rockettheme stable :).
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Nothing special about doing that in Gantry 5 - it's just standard Joomla/Wordpress functionality via extensions.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds