Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Coming Events

• SOLVED Coming Events

Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    • I am new to RocketTheme and trying to decide between a Gantry 4 or 5 template. On our current Joomla website we use JEvents to display Coming Events on the home page.

1) Is there a way to display events using the Gantry framework or do I still use JEvents? The JEvents website is rather vague.
      2) I see Coming Events in the demo for Denali and I looked at the documentation but it seems rather sparse. Can you set start & stop dates? Repeating events?

I'm just trying to get the hang of using Gantry and a RT template. Thanks for any help!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Coming Events

• I would go with Gantry 5 if you can (especially if you are not familiar with Gantry 4 anyway). Gantry 5 offers much more flexibility. Assuming Jevents is just a component and/or a module then you can use that in Gantry 5 without issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Coming Events

• Thanks for your response. Could you address how to use the Events List in Gantry 5? Is there documentation?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Is the events list a component or module?

If it's a module just a drag a moduel position particle on to the layout of your outline, change it's setting to give it a "key" (module position name) and then just assign your module to that position.

If it's a component then just ensure that you have a "page content" particle on the layout of your outline.

Yes, there is lots of documentation on Gantry 5. http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/particles/position , http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/particles/page-content .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Deborah Petersen

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• The Events List is apparently a particle. I read about it in the Denali documentation and hoped that you would be able to give more info. I guess I don't know enough yet about particles but this doesn't look like it has the features that I am after. I presume that it would be available in other templates, not just Denali??

www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/template...li/particle_event.md
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No... I didn't mean that.... not our particle. You said you wanted to use Jevents and I said there was no reason why you couldn't and told you how to do it. so is the jevents "events list" a component or a module? You're not going to be using our events lists particle because it won't do what you wanted.

Regards, Mark.

• Sorry, I guess I was not clear. I was hoping that your Event List particle could replace JEvents but it seems that is not the case. So I will stick with JEvents which has both a component and a module. I think that you have given me enough info to give it a go. Thank you for your help.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds