Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Responsive, Multi-Column, Article template

• Responsive, Multi-Column, Article template

Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
    • Is there a way to create a responsive mult-column article? Maybe a template using <div> and css. I have tried but, can't get it to work correctly within the Joomla/Gantry framework.

Just two columns, side-by-side.

However, when the viewport moves below, say, 411, the second column slides beneath the first?

I feel certain this exists. I simply cannot find it or code it correctly.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Charley
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Responsive, Multi-Column, Article template

Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
    • You didn't say what version of Gantry? or what template? But in both cases the blocks are doing what they should in mobile viewport.... LTR columns become a 100% width single column.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Krx
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 6 years 1 week ago
    • MrT wrote:
      You didn't say what version of Gantry? or what template? But in both cases the blocks are doing what they should in mobile viewport.... LTR columns become a 100% width single column.
      Regards, Mark.

Except that neither blocks or grid content still doesn't support WYSIWYG editor, not even simple one, with basic formatting: bold, text align, image, url, bullets, which makes editing text a hassle.

Many users already asked for that since Gantry 5 deployment!

Sure, we can use other html editor or write code directly, but it takes extra time and effort, and it's certanly not non-techy user friendly, where clients needs to edit or add new multi column articles.

Regards
    • Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Krx.
    • The following users have thanked you: charleyhankins

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• There's an outstanding ticket on github - so comment on that if you wish. https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/236 .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Krx
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      There's an outstanding ticket on github - so comment on that if you wish. https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/236 .

Regards, Mark.

Hi
      Thanks for the suggestion but I already saw that one as you suggested it to another user who asked the same thing - editor in particles.

Unfortunatelly I dont see a point to post there because:
      - I'm RT user so I'll rather post here because it's more likely that RT users will see it here instead of on github
      - That topic on github is dated from 2015, last post from last year and still nothing resolved.
      - RT users already asked here for that, many times, and still nothing.

TBH, I must confess that I'm slowly shifting towards other template providers with more user friendly page builders because I find Gantry5 too techy for average Joe client, and it also renders much slower than other platforms.

Whenever I deployed CMS for clients with Gantry 5 they said OMG how I'm supposed to lean all that stuff, I dont want to learn how to code or template logic, I simply want to edit articles. And it ends with me doing their work.

Regards
    • The following users have thanked you: charleyhankins

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok Gantry 5 is an opensource project and That is why I suggested that you post where the developers of Gantry 5 will look. RT developer the templates which use the Gantry 5 opensource project. But either way, it is a well known requirement That is on the list. The more people that comment on the issue - the more likely it is that something might be done. The G5 developers don't look through forum topics, but I will pass on your comments.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: charleyhankins, Krx

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds