• Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: A new template?

Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
  • Re: A new template?

• Grzegorz Wójcik wrote:
      I create many pages for my clients. Only one template is enough for me. I can customize it in CSS. I need a particle library.

Same here, imho, particle marketplace could be a game changer as we as a web developers could offer a big buffet to final clients. Obviously not the same vision of RT now.

Yes Joomla keeps going down, same as wordpress, people now are looking for a fastest easiest and chipper ways to buid their web prescence. Website creators like wix keeps growing, and some companies are moving in that direction. In fact now google search relative relationship between "joomla" and "wix" are 1 to 3.

I believe the drown of Joomla is in much part due to the hard to use (specially for starters) not modern admin interface. Yes Joomla has by far better code than wordpress, but it's something that final client dont really cares.

I really recommend you guys (fellows RT subscribers), to take deep review of Grav, one of the best advantages, are blueprints, with that you can make personalized admin interfaces to let final clients really enjoy publish content and make changes. Even when its Markdown editor. And the developer team is working hard to improve it even more in v2. Yes you will have to get in the code, but easy code, not rocket science.
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web

• You're in luck, because we happen to have a giant matrix of particles and templates here
      Thank you. At the beginning, it's enough. This should be available on your website. In a visible place.
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• Grzegorz Wójcik wrote:
      Thank you. At the beginning, it's enough. This should be available on your website. In a visible place.

It'll be added to the docs in a very visible place today. I have a sticky note on my monitor dedicated to getting that done. Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Ryan M Pierson.
    • The following users have thanked you: Trevor Smith, Grzegorz Wójcik

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • djSoft
    • Rocketeer

Posted 6 years 2 weeks ago
    • Hello Ryan,
      any news for new template release?

Can you post some picture?

Thanks

Antonio
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• We're still testing at the moment and we never release any pictures in advance (which is a good job since we had to change it quite a bit during testing). Sorry, can't give an ETA.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• What does the subscription look like now? How many templates are you going to spend in a year. Recently, there were 8-10 templates per year. Will you be releasing next templates every 2-3 months?
      Over the last 12 months you have released 5 templates for Joomla.
      You have also released 15 templates for GRAV.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• Grzegorz Wójcik wrote:
      What does the subscription look like now? How many templates are you going to spend in a year. Recently, there were 8-10 templates per year. Will you be releasing next templates every 2-3 months?
      Over the last 12 months you have released 5 templates for Joomla.
      You have also released 15 templates for GRAV.

Let me try to answer this as completely as I can.

First, let me clarify that we have not released 15 new themes for Grav in a way that could compare to Joomla. These aren't new designs. They aren't new features or anything like that. They're ports from Joomla to Grav. That's all those releases were, and they were spearheaded by one member of our team while everyone else was focused on new template development + getting our stuff ready for J4. It takes a few days to make a theme port for Grav once it's been built on Joomla and WordPres.

The new theme is being developed. We could force a release right now, but it would not be ready. You'd likely be very dissatisfied as there are issues remaining that we're working on resolving before we release.

When we initially opened the theme for testing, several of our moderators brought to our attention feedback from the community about features and changes that people wanted to see in the next theme. We decided to add several of them because it seemed important to create something that would work better for our customers.

There were other circumstances at play that were beyond our control. None of which I'm going to speak to in an open forum, but we are working long hours every day to get this theme out the door.

Over the course of this theme's development I've written dozens of paragraphs explaining why this theme development takes time, and why we are not going to adhere to forced deadlines in sacrifice of quality. The process is frustrating for everyone on our side, too. We're feeling it, and we hear you. We're working long hours to get this theme ready, and we expect it to be released soon.

Thank you for your continued patience.
    • The following users have thanked you: Jean-Charles

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • wombat
    • Rocketeer

Posted 6 years 1 week ago
    • I am also a (rather) long time subscriber to RT, I have also complained about the releases over the last two years. BUT, I also have to say in the years before that, there were 2 or 3 Templates per year that were released that I could use. Now the releases are fewer and far between, but the last 4 were really good. I would also like it if there were more, but quality still beats quantity and I am looking forward to the next release.

As others have also stated, it would be much nicer if Particles could be downloaded and installed directly, others can do this, but RT not yet. There is also no Particle Library, only a list of what Particles come with which Templates. This also a flaw by RT. Sooner or later it will all come, but in the meantime, I still like the templates.

Is everything perfect here by RT, NO IT IS NOT!! a lot could be better, but everything is still going forward and trying to meet the needs of most of us. Keep going RT, and do not be discouraged by people like me who usually only complain. Even with the faults that I find, I still find a lot that is VERY good, otherwise I would not renew my subscriptions :) .
    • Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by wombat.
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT, Ryan M Pierson

• JMDonald
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 6 years 1 week ago
    • I'm with wombat...quality over quantity!!
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT, Ryan M Pierson

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds