Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file" -installing Gantry 5.4.23

• Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file" -installing Gantry 5.4.23

Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    • Hi,

I have tried to install Gantry 5.4.23 on a new Joomla v. 3.8.5 site (in an MS Azure App Service) and I get the warning "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file." The error message is: "Unable to find install package". By contrast, the older Gantry 5.4.19 installs fine. I have seen other posts in the forum with the mentioned warning about 5 years ago but not referring to Gantry. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks and regards,

Carl
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file" -installing Gantry 5.4.23

• Are you sure you downloaded the correct package for you CMS?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file" -installing Gantry 5.4.23

• Joomla 3.7.0 was installed when I selected the Azure Joomla App Service. There were no problems during the installation (I also added several languages during configuration of the multilingual website features) and I then upgraded to 3.8.5, again without problems.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• It doesn't answer my question though. What package did you use (what did you download from Gantry site). I suspect you picked a GRAV or WP package rather than the Joomla one.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Carl L.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Sorry, Mark. You are absolutely right - wrong CMS-version of the Gantry 5 package. Working too much in a rush... Apologies.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds