Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RT Joomla template and eCommerce

• Craig Daters
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Print / Web Designer

SOLVED RT Joomla template and eCommerce

Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    • I've taken a long break from web stuff but have found myself really enjoying a wine vinyard. They are an up and coming vineyard and are looking for someone to help them with their website. Their current site is woefully out of date, and they seem to be using Facebook to keep in touch with everyone, dessiminate news, advertise events, etc.

I've talked to their "sort of manager" and she seems to want to work with someone local to redo their website for them. While I am considering this, I was hoping those of you that have been in the trenches all this time can steer me in the right direction--and, if this goes well, I might reach out to other vineyards.

This place want to set up some eCommerce capability on their site. They also love to have people join their wine club. This wine club sort of works like: a case of wine a year with wine-maker currated selections at a certain price. A higher level might be 2 cases a year. Some red, some white. I would imagine that they might even consider all red, all white club selection. Then, depending on how many cases you commit to, you might get a 10% discount on your purchases, or 15%, etc. Club members might even have selections available to them that regular non-members don't.

I love Joomla, I love RT. What I am not familiar with are what eCommerce solutions are available out there that could accomodate this type of membership idea and integrate into the beautiful RT work that is available to this community.

Does anyone have any ideas or could steer me in the right direction?
    • "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED RT Joomla template and eCommerce

• Check out the Versla Template...

It Utilizes SnipCart which is super easy to integrate into ANY website if you know a little HTML... I love SnipCart personally and have used it on various RT Themes on both Joomla and Grav
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Craig Daters
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Print / Web Designer

• Thank you Matt, I've actually been looking at that theme. Do you know if SnipCart accommodates membership features with global discounts for said membership in addition to exclusive products for those membership groups versus regular or non-members?
    • "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• SnipCart is a "developers cart" to be sure in that it has an amazing API and is fully extensible for anything you could imagine... out of the box though it has only very basic things for customers/users --- snipcart.com/customer-accounts-dashboards

docs.snipcart.com/merchant-dashboard/manage-store#4-customers

in my mind though, if you want "users areas" then that's what Joomla/Grav are for... your CMS is going to have much more advanced user management options... so if you had member's only pages in Joomla then you could definitely serve a customized set of products with your various discounts from there
    • Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Craig Daters
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Print / Web Designer

• Thanks again Matt. I downloaded the Grav/Versla RocketLauncher to give it a go. First time looking at Grav, so this will be interesting, lol!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• :)

I <3 Grav... I never really learned PHP so working with TWIG (also in Gantry) is a treat :)

All the Grav user stuff is controlled via the Login Plugin: github.com/getgrav/grav-plugin-login
    • Craig Daters
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Print / Web Designer

• I must say that Grav is waaaay different than Joomla, lol! I will need to really look this over carefully. The user management is is a little confusing.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• yeah... I will say Joomla probably has more advanced user management at the moment and may be a better solution for creating a community... JomSocial and Community Builder being 2 large plugins for facilitating that on Joomla while there's nothing comparable to those plugins on Grav currently.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds