Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How to add Google Analytics ID in Ambrosia Template?

• SOLVED How to add Google Analytics ID in Ambrosia Template?

Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    • Hi,

I'm trying to add Google Analytics code to a Joomla Joomla 3.8.0 site with the Ambrosia template. I went to Extensions - Manage - Install and searched for "Google Analytics," but no GA plugin showed up in the results.

Using the Templates menu under Extensions does not bring up any option to edit the template's html. Ambrosia does have an index.php file /templates/rt_ambrosia directory, but it's a small file with only a few lines of php. I've searched all through the file structure of the template, but have not found any file with a <head> area.

Is there a head.php or header.php file that I can access through FTP? Which directory would it be located in? I would rather add the GA code directly than use a plugin.

Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED How to add Google Analytics ID in Ambrosia Template?

Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    • Gantry 5 admin > base outline > page settings > drag "google analytics" atom on to the atom section > click on the "cog" icon to change it's settings > enter UA-xxxxxxx code - SAVE.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED How to add Google Analytics ID in Ambrosia Template?

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • Thank you.

The issue is now solved

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds