Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED rokcommon generating 8Gig of logs ?

• Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

SOLVED rokcommon generating 8Gig of logs ?

Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    • On a Joomla 3.8.3 I find that “Rokcommon” was generating tons of logs errors (8Gig). 45mb in few days...

The errors seem to come from Rokcommon calling stuff from Rokgallery (that is not installed on that site)

Errors like:
      #Fields: datetime	priority clientip	category	message
      NOTICE someIPaddress	rokcommon	Directory Mysite.com/public_html/components/com_rokgallery/lib does not exist.  Unable to add to Class Loader 
      NOTICE someIPaddress	rokcommon	Unable to find registered container config file rokgallery at Mysite.com/public_html/components/com_rokgallery/container.xml
      NOTICE someIPaddress	rokcommon	Directory Mysite.com/public_html/components/com_rokgallery/lib does not exist.  Unable to add to Class Loader 
      NOTICE someIPaddress	rokcommon	Unable to find registered container config file rokgallery at Mysite.com/public_html/components/com_rokgallery/container.xml
      ….

I saw on the forum a solution:
      Post from another user:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/general-discus...-php?start=0#1370535

Solution from Damir:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/free-joomla-st...-is-growing?start=10

That simply delete the entries for rockgallery in the Rockommon Database.

This is what I find on my site with rokgallery:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

2 matches in rokcommon_configs table
      and
      1 match in _updates

• Now how I proceed to be sure that I delete thoses entries safely, simply press delete?
      • How come I have an entry also in _updates ?
    • Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED rokcommon generating 8Gig of logs ?

• 1. You could install rokgallery (even if you don't use it and those messages will stop).

2. Make sure that you are using the latest versions of everything RT.

3. I don't know what template you are using, but if it's a Gantry 4 template maker sure that you don't have "rokgallery" set for images in the template settings.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

Re: SOLVED rokcommon generating 8Gig of logs ?

• • I Install the last RokGallery without problems, I guess it update my RockCommon ?

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

• The template is Metropolis, I didn’t see any call to RokGallery in the template settings, I will check again...

So Far NO ROKCOMMON ERRORS LOGS —

Thanks Mr.T
    • Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds