Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

WordPress or Joomla?

• WordPress or Joomla?

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • Ii am really new to this so if I am going to learn one before the other and using a Rocket Theme (because I bought three licenses) which one should I use for my Website?

Will be mostly Ecommerce (Woocommerce) but will also have galleries and company info etc.

Thank you
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: WordPress or Joomla?

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • Everyone will have their own opinion as to which CMS is better suited for your needs.

In my opinion, WordPress is a great choice if you want your site to have a blog with regularly-updated content. Joomla is a great choice if you understand Joomla and want a solid CMS with more inherent control on the back end. WordPress is a lot more user friendly after development, making it a great choice if you plan to hand the keys over to someone with less development experience after the build.

Joomla is more developer friendly (so I hear from our dev team). For end users, there is a bit more of a learning curve. Quite a lot more, in my experience.

RocketTheme's themes (especially in Gantry 5) are the same on any platform.
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds