0 items Join Now

RocketTheme Update 12/20/2017

• Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

RocketTheme Update 12/20/2017

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • Hello!

Last night, we released our new template for Joomla, Fluent. This template features some design elements that take it away from the flat design scheme that has dominated the Internet for the past several years. We've incorporated a frosted glass look that adds a level of transparency and modern depth to your website. In addition, a number of sliders have been added that enables you to showcase your content in new and exciting ways.

We're very excited about Fluent, and believe it will be a popular choice for Joomla, WordPress, and Grav.

--

We are also happy to announce that we're bringing back our Christmas sale this year. Between now and New Years, you can save 50% on themes and 35% on memberships and renewals. Whether you're up for renewal now or nine months from now, you can take advantage of this discount and add time to your subscription.

--

2018 is going to be a great year. Not only for RocketTheme, but for Grav. Grav has been growing at a breakneck pace. It recently took the prize of Best Flat File CMS from CMS Critic, its second year winning a major CMS category on the site.

If you haven't given Grav a serious look yet, we recommend checking it out. It's a popular choice for business websites, blogs, and more. No database means easier setup and security, and it was made to work with Gantry 5 and RocketTheme's themes.

--

Thank you all for another great year. We are already working on the next template, and will keep you updated on it and all of our projects as they develop.
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft, R2ba5Aq4

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • R2ba5Aq4
    • Rocketeer

Re: RocketTheme Update 12/20/2017

• Congratulations on Fluent, probably one of the coolest designs I've seen anywhere for any CMS! The translucent effect has an almost dreamy quality with a richness, complexity, and attention to detail that is uncommon in web design these days. I appreciate all of the hard work that went into this one and wish you all the best for a happy holiday. Thank you!
    • The following users have thanked you: Ryan M Pierson

• Re: RocketTheme Update 12/20/2017

• Looks like a nice Addition to the RT Templates - Disappointed to find that the Preset Styles do not include background images - I wanted to use Style 3 PreSet (Green Page Background) but looks like its a do it yourself rather than included as in previous templates

Is there a reason for the background styles not being included?

• MorpheusUK wrote:
      Looks like a nice Addition to the RT Templates - Disappointed to find that the Preset Styles do not include background images - I wanted to use Style 3 PreSet (Green Page Background) but looks like its a do it yourself rather than included as in previous templates

Hi MorpheusUK

I can help with that, sadly its a licensing issue, we have had the discussion before on here, so I wont go into great detail.

When RT package the templates for download, they provide suitable graphics for the developer / site creater to make their own images from.

if you want the specific images there are links to the sites used in the footers of the demo, sadly no direct image links, but they arent usually to hard to find

Sorry I can’t give you better news :(

• Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: RocketTheme Update 12/20/2017

• MorpheusUK wrote:

100% about licensing. We can't sell you those images. So, if you buy our theme and download it, the images can't be a part of the package.

Reggie posted the Unsplash sources above. Should help you out. :)
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA

• Thanks for the Unsplash links - More than happy to add accredition to anyones work - I do it as a matter of course - Helps with the Google SEO for them as well :-)

Have a Happy and Peaceful Christmas & Best Wishes for 2018 to the Rocket Theme Team :-D

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds