Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Messages in Offline outlines in different languages?

• Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Messages in Offline outlines in different languages?

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • Hi,

Is there a way of specifying the offline message in the Offline outline in different languages and displaying it in the language that is determined by the Language Filter plugin (e.g. determined by the browser settings)? I have:

a) created a custom module for each language of my site and inserted them all into the layout of the Offline outline,
      b) set the language to be output by the Language Filter to be determined by "browser settings"

but irrespective of what my browser's preferred language is, the language that is displayed on the offline page is determined only by the 2-letter language code that follows index.php/ in the address bar.

Is the Language Switcher not supposed to work when the site is offline and, if so, is there a possibility of using some Gantry 5 functionality as a workaround?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Messages in Offline outlines in different languages?

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • Setting the Joomla Language switcher to use browser settings simply means that Joomla will redirect the the user to correct 2 letter code in the URL... so it's still one in the same... the 2 letter URL code IS what determines what Outline/page is loaded and Joomla will redirect the user on the initial visit to the appropriate 2 letter code assuming it's published and available.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds