Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hostagator and Citadel template overusing CPU resources

• Mariola

Hostagator and Citadel template overusing CPU resources

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • This message contains only secure information that is visible to , moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Hostagator and Citadel template overusing CPU resources

• Performance tuning and investigation is not something we can do for you as part of this support forum.

You can see that the demo site works absolutely fine and there are hundreds of other members using Citadel without issue. Therefore the issues will lie in either... your content, you third party extensions or your hosting.

Also, obviosuly now I can't check anything anyway as the site is no longer citadel.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: Hostagator and Citadel template overusing CPU resources

• I ran into a similar problem with a WordPress install on a different theme. After some investigation, it was discovered that the database was being attacked causing my CPU usage to spike. I don't know if it was a true-blue DDoS, but it wasn't the theme. It turned out there was a problem server-side that made the databse server vulnerable.

I've since switched all my personal websites to Grav and had no problems at all with any type of attack.

I know this doesn't help you in your particular situation, but unless the administrator can identify exactly where the vulnerability is, it would be difficult for us to determine whether or not any files from RT are at fault. It's my understanding that our themes generally don't use up CPU resources by themselves.

Have you taken a peek at your log file to see if there's a command or issue that might be causing chaos on the server?

Like Mark indicated, performance analysis is beyond the scope of this forum. We really hope this gets resolved for you, and if you do happen to find any of the theme's files at fault, please let us know and we'll make sure the problem is resolved post-haste.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Ryan M Pierson.
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds