Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Multilingual Wordpress site and Gantry 5

• SOLVED Multilingual Wordpress site and Gantry 5

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Hello,

I have more experiences with Gantry 5 for Joomla, where building a multilingual site is not an issue, than for Wordpress.
      I was wondering if you may have any advice about the best solution for building multilingual websites with Wordpress and Gantry 5 (multisites, WPML, Polylang or anything else). I didn't find a lot of information in the forum or the website especially about the compatibility of the various plugins.
      Thanks for any help,
      Christophe
    • Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Christophe Lance.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Multilingual Wordpress site and Gantry 5

• Yeah, Joomla has it baked in whereas WP does not.

You can do it all manually with .mo and .po files and a tool like PoEdit... not a bad solution if it's a small site with a limited number of pages.

Otherwise, WPML should work well with Gantry 5... I do not believe Polylang works or at least I've seen some reports of certain functionality not working well.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Multilingual Wordpress site and Gantry 5

• Thanks for your answer.

I'll try that.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Multilingual Wordpress site and Gantry 5

• If a thread is solved please edit your *original/first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; but you do need the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds