Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Using older templates....etc?

• Using older templates....etc?

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • So, a brief history so you see my perspective:

I'm a gamer, and generally I use CMS's to make a gaming related website (like for a group). I've been using Joomla since like 2003. My problem is as time goes on, I am finding less and less what I want, especially in terms of templates. It is very difficult to find a template that very clearly calls to making a "gaming group" website. I always used Rocket Themes.....for a brief stint I tried S5 themes, but I did not like how their themes work. I also tried Wordpress, in which case I did find a theme I really liked, but Wordpress really lacks the functionality to call it a CMS, even with their numerous plugins.

So, I am back again. I'm a fan of your Ionosphere template, I've signed up for 1 year of your club twice now specifically for that theme (sadly I missed the Lifetime support purchase, I guess). So I am debating on coming back once again to buy this theme, as my searcing cannot find any other theme I really like. Which leads me to these questions:

1) As this is older theme and is Gantry 4, not 5.....will this hinder me sometime in the near future?
      2) Also because this is an older theme, will there be issues when Joomla goes to 4.0? Is there a chance that you guys won't take Ionosphere into 4.0 because it is older?

Any help here is appreciated as always, thanks.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Using older templates....etc?

• Re: Using older templates....etc?

• Thanks for the links. I do not currently have the lifetime license for Ionosphere though. When I click on the Downloads, they're all grayed out for me.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Using older templates....etc?

• To clarify, yes, you have a lifetime license for Ionosphere PHPBB... but your Joomla Dev License is expired. You can by the Lifetime for Ionosphere Joomla for $34 right now.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds