Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Page Builders

• SOLVED Page Builders

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Is there any chance the team at Rocket Themes are working on integerating a page builder into Gantry5 any time soon ?

Just started looking at them and them seem to be quite usefull for clients to achieve nice results on sites we build them - be nice if there was one prebuilt into Gantry as it feels like it would fit quite well with the way it all works in wordpress at the moment...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Page Builders

• No. Gantry 5 itself is in fact a sort of "page builder" in that you can drag particles wherever you wish on the layout.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Page Builders

• Layouts are great for designers and developers - Part of the reason I use Gantry 5 for virtually every one of our sites.

But its all a little overwhelming for our clients and they just like to stick to editing the pages in one place so giving them the power to add more than just text and pictures - with columns, rows, backgrounds, videos, maps, attractive galleries etc... all in the one location.

Its just something they really like - at least thats been my experience so far...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok well there are no plans for that that I am aware of.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    • Graphic WYSWYG (What you see what you get) editor/page builder are the futur of all CMS. Editor/page builder are as important as the framework or CMS they work on. They permit a CMS to be a CMS (Content Management System) — Any CMS, template builder that not take this in consideration will not survive.

Also, editor/page builder themeselves have to be able to build on the Joomla architecture and also at the article level.

Gantry is already not using the normal Joomla architecture for the buildup of modules, articles and are far to be WYSWYG so far.

I am with Rockettheme for a long time now. My next template will be compatible with one of the big Joommla page builder and follow Joomla architecture.
    • Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds