Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Joomla 3.8 & Gantry Compatibility

• yaani
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Joomla 3.8 & Gantry Compatibility

Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    • HI,

I have a question before updating to Joomla 3.8.. I see that Gantry 5 has been updated to support Joomla 3.8. Should I update Gantry first or Joomla first?

Also I don't see that Gantry 4 has been updated. Can I update Joomla 3.7.5 websites that use Gantry v4.1.33 to Joomla 3.8.0 ?

Also are all the Rockettheme extensions Joomla 3.8.0 compatible? The compatibilty matrix for theh Rockettheme extentions still say they are Joomla 3.7 compatible.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by yaani.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Joomla 3.8 & Gantry Compatibility

• Gantry first to update then J3.8. But... I wouldn't yet - wait for J3.8.1 because there do seem to be a few issues with J3.8 that Joomla need to fix (have a look on their bug tracker).

Gantry 4 itself doesn;t need updating for J3.8 but... all the templates do and we've been releasing lots of those over the last few days to correct the issues that J3.8 created. Also see my post here if your template is not one of the ones that has been updated yet - http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-for-joomla/272194-joomla-3-8-gantry-4-fix-for-offline-comingsoon-and-error-pages .

J3.8 has only been out a week and we're doing our best with limited resources...

Edit: and I just checked the compatibility matrix and they're all shown as J3.8 compatible? the launchers may still be J3.7 but that doesn't stop you updating them.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by MrT.
    • The following users have thanked you: yaani

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • yaani
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi MrT,

Thank you for your fast response. I will wait for Joomla 3.8.1 before I upgrade.

I was wondering about the Rockettheme extension compatibilitym this matrix shows they are 3.7 compatible.
      www.rockettheme.com/joomla-extensions-compatibility-matrix

I will mark this thread SOLVED as you answered my question about the order of Gantry & template updates.

Thank you!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Oh you meant the extensions - As far as we are aware they all still work under J3.8 - but it's early days yet...

Templates are all checked... http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates-compatibility-matrix

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds