Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Joomla 3.8 Compatibility

• yaani
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Joomla 3.8 Compatibility

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • Can anyone tell me if Rockettheme templates are compatible with the recently released Joomla 3.8.0 ?

Also are the Rockettheme extensions compatible?

Thank you!
    • Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by yaani.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Joomla 3.8 Compatibility

• 1. We're addressing the things that we have found already and will be releasing new versions of Gantry 4 and 5 imminently.

2. There are seveeral reports of bugs on joomla bug tracker already that Joomla need to resolve.

3. I would never rush to be a pioneer of a new Joomla release (that has only been out for 36hrs) - let other have the issues.

4. If you choose to update - please backup first! just in case.

5. see my note here http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-for-joomla/272194-joomla-3-8-gantry-4-fix-for-offline-comingsoon-and-error-pages

So there are some issues at the moment but they will be resolved shortly.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • yaani
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Joomla 3.8 Compatibility

• Hi MrT,

Thank you for your detailed and super fast reponse!

I am taking your advice & am not going to update any of my websites yet. After reading in the Joomla forums I noticed they have bugs in the latest version so I imagine they are going to release a version to fix the bugs introduced in the 3.8.0 version very soon.

I will wait till they have all the bugs worked out before rushing to upgrade.

Thank you for teh status update!

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds