Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Trying to upgrade to PHP 7+ for templates: Graffito, Anacron, Myriad

• Trying to upgrade to PHP 7+ for templates: Graffito, Anacron, Myriad

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • I have a few Joomla sites running RT templates that I would like to upgrade the PHP version for. I'm starting to get the warning messages about upgrading the PHP version. All of these sites are hosted at SiteGround. On all of the sites listed below, if I raise the PHP level above 5.6.31 the sites break. I can't tell if this is a theme problem or a control problem.

Travel-masters.net
      Graffito Template
      PHP 5.6.31

Swimschoolaustin.com
      Anacron Template
      PHP 5.6.31

Uwcrittersgonewild.com
      Myriad template
      PHP 5.6.31

Will these themes work with PHP 7+ or do I need to rebuild these sites with newer themes? If the themes are compatible with PHP 7+ then how do I go about tracking down what is causing the problem?
    • Thanks,

Rob
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Trying to upgrade to PHP 7+ for templates: Graffito, Anacron, Myriad

• All of those templates have PHP 7 releases... you can check their changelogs... as long as you have the latest version of those templates installed they'll be compatible with PHP 7... if you already have the latest versions of those templates installed and you're having issues upgrading to PHP 7 then it's something else, not the template
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Trying to upgrade to PHP 7+ for templates: Graffito, Anacron, Myriad

• Thanks Matt, for turning me on to that. I had never upgraded a template before.

Anacron and Myriad are now running PHP 7.1.8 without issues.

Graffito, however, I was only able to upgrade PHP to 7.0.22. If I try to go to PHP 7.1.8 all I get is a page titled "O - Error: 0" Do you have any idea what that issue might be? Is is something in the template or something else I need to look at?
    • Thanks,

Rob
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• not sure... Graffito 1.9 should be fine on PHP 7.1.x -- disable ALL other plugins as a test... turn off Joomla caching, crank up Joomla error reporting, pull your error_log from you webroot, check Apache Error logs, etc
    • Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • Hi Robert,

I've just tested a Graffito RocketLauncher on php 7.1.6 (7.1.8 is not available yet for MAMP) and it works fine.
      You could try a subpage that has not much going on in terms of 3rd party components/plugins such as the Contact page to see if it works: travel-masters.net/contact-us/contact-form
      If it does, then you know that the issue likely comes from anything that is loaded on frontpage but not on the Contact page.
      Anyways, as Matt recommended, disabling as much as you can for a test and then enabling things back one by one is usually a great way to find out what is causing an issue.
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt

• Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds