Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Joomla 3.7.2 Update - AJAX loading error?

• Re: SOLVED Joomla 3.7.2 Update - AJAX loading error?

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • Mark,

Sorry for the delay of your request for Apache error log. I was not finding anything, so I requested help from Technical at SiteGround where I am hosting. Response:

You could check the Apache error log file through your cPanel:

cPanel -> Error Log

I have checked it for you and it appears to be empty currently. The error message also indicates a problem with the application itself and not with the hosting environment. It appears that a plugin/module/component is not quite compatible with the PHP7.1 version which may prevent the upgrade of your Joomla core version.

The solution as you specified is to downgrade the PHP version or use our in-house tool in your cPanel -> Joomla! Auto Update.

To use the tool, simply navigate to it and add the application by using the Add URL button. Then you should have the option to upgrade the version of your Joomla to the latest stable one. Also, the tool would create a backup of your site prior to the upgrade so you could restore it with a couple of clicks in case needed.

For more information on this matter, please check our detailed article below:

www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla/joomla-autoupdate.htm
      __________________________________________________________________________

Perhaps this is another work-around, but not really a solution to the source of the problem.
    • Sapphire Falls Web Design
      sapphire-falls.com

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Joomla 3.7.2 Update - AJAX loading error?

• OK I don't think that is the case at all - since I am use php 7.1 with joomla 3.6.2. But if it is the case then you need to report the error to Joomla.org as it is nothing related to RT products when you are doing a Joomla update.

The errors in the error log are "after the event" errors and not relevant - it's the error before those messages that I need to know.

The access log doesn't provide any relevant information.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: SapphireFalls

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    • SapphireFalls - so are you ok now after the link that @henning supplied?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I can confirm exact same issue. PHP 7.1.2 on Siteground. Gantry Hydrogen template. Update from 3.6.5 to 3.7 was fine.. but AJAX loading error when attempting update to 3.7.2.

I too dialed PHP back to 5.6 and it updated OK< then changed PHP back up to 7.1.2.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The solution is in the post above that @henning gave - note that this is a configuration problem which manifests itself on Joomla update - it is not anything to do with RT products.

Regards, Mark.

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • The latest update of Joomla version 3.7.5 corrects this issue.
    • Sapphire Falls Web Design
      sapphire-falls.com

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds