Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Joomla 3.7.2 Update - AJAX loading error?

• SOLVED Joomla 3.7.2 Update - AJAX loading error?

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • Recently, I attempted to run Joomla updates (both 3.7.1 and 3.7.2). Joomla update stops giving a message... AJAX loading error. This AJAX loading error occurs on multiple websites that I host with RocketTheme templates.

My work-around is to change from PHP 7.1.2 back down to PHP 5.6.30, then Joomla update installs properly. After Joomla update installs, I change back to the most current PHP 7.1.2 version. Afterwards, everything on website seems to function perfectly.

1. Is anyone else experiencing this same issue updating Joomla to 7.1.2?
      2. Is this Joomla update issue related to Gantry or RocketTheme templates?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
      John
    • Sapphire Falls Web Design
      sapphire-falls.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Joomla 3.7.2 Update - AJAX loading error?

• Are you on the latest versions of everything before you update to PHP7.x and J3.7.2? ie. RT template, Gantry, RT extensions?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Joomla 3.7.2 Update - AJAX loading error?

• Mark,

Yes, I updated to all latest versions for RT templates, extensions, and Gantry. I'll move a live production site over to a test server area, then provide you with superuser ID & pswd. Please give me a day, then I will provide info in Secure tab.

Thanks,
      John
      sapphire-falls.com

• MSTACE
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I am experiencing this only on one website.
      It is using the template: Protean v1.1.2

Am also runing PHP 7.1.
      Have not tried downgrading the PHP to see if it updates.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok I looked into this and it seems there it is a Joomla error (nothing RT related) that relates to permissions. The suggestion seems to be to download and install Akeeba Admin Tools and then use the "FIX permissions" button - after that the issue should be resolved (and you can uninstall Akeeba Admin Tools again if you wish). Note that you DO NOT need to purcahse the PRO version.

Please give that a try and let me know what happens.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Mark,

I gave Akeeba Admin Tools a try, but was not successful. Test site is still available for you to view. This is the first time I used Akeeba Admin Tools free core version and it does appear to have a few useful tools. Thank you for this sugesstion.

Comment to MHL: Test site that I am experimenting with is Citadel. I too have a site that also uses Protean template as well as a few others. I do not believe this issue of upgrading Joomla is related to any specific RocketTheme template.

Thank you for your responses,
      John
      sapphire-falls.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

This will be a permissions or htaccess issue or mod_security issue.

Please look in the apache error log too for any related error messages.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by MrT.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
      sapphire-falls.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I need to know the error message from the apache error log please as I requested. You are getting a server500 error.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds