0 items Join Now

New Theme Release Update

• Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

New Theme Release Update

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • Hey there folks,

Just checking in with a quick update. The theme is coming together and we're getting closer to release. There is still a little dev work, some tickets to close, and more testing to do, but the big reveal is coming soon.

No release this weekend, however, progress is being made and the finish line is in sight. The moment we know that we're on track to start the release I'll give y'all an update. We still don't have an estimated date as testing and development is ongoing.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. This is truly a gorgeous theme and we think y'all will agree it's worth the wait.

In the interest of improving communication going forward:

For the past two weeks, I've been spending hours each day on this forum answering questions as completely as I can. I intend to continue to do this in order to help bridge the gap between our team and you, the member.

In circumstances like this, we are often head-down working on the problem and that means being able to spend limited time here on the forum keeping you apprised of any developments. So, here is my proposal:

1. I will do my best to try to make a weekly or bi-weekly update post here in the General Discussion forum with information about what our team is working on, and what we've released over the past week.

2. When we do new releases, we'll not only post about them in the Announcements and Announcement Discussion forum, but I'll make sure that any thread(s) of interest are also updated with that information so the announcement won't be so easily missed.

3. In the interest of promoting continued open discussion, and to thank you for being an active part of our community, we could have a little fun and offer a small incentive to folks like you that are active members in our forum.

One way we can do this is by offering y'all some exclusive coupon codes now and then. For example, we shared a 35% OFF coupon code here earlier this week. Having "guess the name" contests where if someone can guess the name of the new template they'll get a special coupon code is another possibility.

This wouldn't be something we could do all the time, but we'll make more of an effort to at least let y'all know when there are special offers to be had.

4. We read every suggestion made here in the forum. We discuss most of them in detail internally. However, it can be easy to feel lost in the shuffle when you don't hear that your thoughts have been noticed and passed on to the team. I've made it a point to say such while I am sharing your forum thread with the team, and will continue to do so.

I'll also be quick to share any response if there is one to share. Keep in mind, though, that brainstorming for a new template concepts happens in advance, so it might be some time before the idea finds its way into a new design.

We are, of course, open to any other suggestions you have. The new template is coming soon, and we've already started on designing the next one. Thanks again for your patience and understanding. We couldn't do what we do without you. Thank you.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Ryan M Pierson.
    • The following users have thanked you: RedRiverBlack

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • Okko
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Artist

Re: New Theme Release Update

• dont you never shame?
    • || make Love .... not Grav ||
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• Okko wrote:
      dont you never shame?

Just trying to keep folks updated on the situation as has been requested.
    • wombat
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks for the update Ryan.
      As mentioned, we may not all be pleased, but we know what is going on and it avoids a lot of other posts.

If I see an update once a week, I would be happy with that, but more often is also good. Also like the idea of some incentives once in a while (hope there is something when it is time for me to renew my membership ;) ).

Norman
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by wombat.
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Ryan, thank you for your message. And I would like to ask you. Is there a chance RT create something like Pagebuilder? I ask you because I bought it from your competitors and Pagebuilder is very important for me. Because I got used to, it is very easy to use it. The biggest competitors have own template, own framework and own pagebuilder. I know, you can reply, we have own CMS, but one from competitors have it also own CMS, framework, template and Pagebuilder.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by radek.
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• wombat wrote:
      Thanks for the update Ryan.
      As mentioned, we may not all be pleased, but we know what is going on and it avoids a lot of other posts.

If I see an update once a week, I would be happy with that, but more often is also good. Also like the idea of some incentives once in a while (hope there is something when it is time for me to renew my membership ;) ).

Norman

I agree with incentives - it is important for me.

Template update - I do not need update once a week. I would like update after 6-8 weeks when template was not released. I do not know to say it in English. I want to say - I do not need update. I want update when template release is delayed.
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• radek wrote:
      Ryan, thank you for your message. And I would like to ask you. Is there a chance RT create something like Pagebuilder? I ask you because I bought it from your competitors and Pagebuilder is very important for me. Because I got used to, it is very easy to use it. The biggest competitors have own template, own framework and own pagebuilder. I know, you can reply, we have own CMS, but one from competitors have it also own CMS, framework, template and Pagebuilder.

A pagebuilder would be nice but we have a very small team and are focusing our efforts on getting templates out the door and improving on Gantry 5. A pagebuilder would be a big undertaking and one that would take a long time to finish. We have other projects in mind that will probably get done before that.

BUT... never say never. Anything could happen. If you asked me four years ago when I joined RocketTheme if we'd be launching a CMS, I wouldn't have believed you. ;)
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• wombat wrote:
      Also like the idea of some incentives once in a while (hope there is something when it is time for me to renew my membership ;) ).

Happy to share them. Just keep in mind we don't do them often, but there are times when we share coupon codes on our Twitter account or Facebook page and I realize that you folks here in our forums might miss them. I'll post them here too so you're aware they're available. In the past we've done them for geeky holidays like Star Wars Day or Pi Day.

As for forum exclusives, I could imagine fun contests leading up to a template's release. Guess the name of the new theme or something like that, for sure.
    • JMDonald
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Template name, my guess: Tardy :-)
  • Re: New Theme Release Update

• I think it will be: Luke. :)

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds