Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Updating a Gantry 5 Template

• SOLVED Updating a Gantry 5 Template

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • I see that a newer version of Salient template is available and I did download it. I don't have a question for how to install but I am curious as to what it will replace. I have modified the Default template but not the base outline. I have a custom.scss file so I'm not worried about that.

I'm just concerned about the Default template being changed. Am I worried about nothing?

Thanks,
      Rob
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Rob Livingston.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Updating a Gantry 5 Template

• Always take a backup before updating anything. But, yes, you're worrying about nothing... Just download the "standalone" version of the template from our site and install it in extensions manager (do not uninstall first). Provided that you have not changed any of our original template files then the update will be seamless, your custom.scss will remain and all the configuration on outlines will remain unchanged too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Updating a Gantry 5 Template

• Great, Thanks Mark. I just didn't want to assume anything and that everything will be ok.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds