Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Open letter to Ryan et al.

• Re: Open letter to Ryan et al.

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • Radek, I did not intend to offend you. I appreciate your opinions and we are free to use any framework or pagebuilder we like.

However, I did react to your post. I found it unfair. RT does not offer a pagebuilder, but premade templates for us to modify.

Obviously G5 may be used as a pagebuilder, but requires more than a frontend editor of elements and content. And again, it is promoted as a framework and shared free of charge. If it was a pagebuilder and given away, RT would be out of business in a short time, and neither of us would benefit from this.

As a subscriber at RT it is in my interest that RT keeps up the good work.

Besides, I share the assessment made by Grzegorz. Gantry 5 is harmony, good stuff, well written code.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Martin Hansen.
  • Re: Open letter to Ryan et al.

• There ist also one really huge problem with most pagebuilders:
      most of them are a component and do not use the normal Joomla article system.
      If you want to get rid of this component later this will be almost impossible. You are completely bound to this component.
      If your site has only a feww pages these pagebuilders can be really nice but if your site has maybe 50+ pages these builders are a complete nogo (in my opinion).
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Open letter to Ryan et al.

• You do not know Pagebuilders. You do not have to use PB but I want use it. You do not understand for PB is important for me.

Few points.

For example PB from Joomlashine works with Joomla article system.

It does not matter that some PB does not work with Joomla article system. K2 does not work too (if I remember it right). When I want switch template developer, it does not work too and I have to create whole new web.

You did not understand why I want to use PB and you did not understand PB. Yo do not have to use PB for every page. I use PB for about 5 -10 pages and I do not have to use any extensions for this pages. Everything is in Pagebuilder.

I use PB for common Joomla webpage.

For example. When I need accordion into Joomla common article. I use PB and I have it in a minute. I do not need any extensions or particles. I have the solution in a minute. I do not need the study G5, I do not need to copy particle accordion from template to template (it takes 1-2 days on forum) I do not need look for any extension - it can take few hours and I must install another extensions... WHen I use PB, I have it all in one.

Use whatever you want but let me use what I want.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds