Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RokSprocket not working with Windows 8.1, 8 or 7 on IE 11

• SOLVED RokSprocket not working with Windows 8.1, 8 or 7 on IE 11

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • I have a strange one. We have a RokSprocket mosaic module pulling from Zoo on the URL listed in the secure section of this post.

The page works fine with Internet Explorer 11 when running on Windows 10. However, when running IE 11 on Windows 8.1, 8 or 7 it loads 'Page cannot be displayed'. All other browsers & devices it works fine.

Why would it work on the one OS and not the others all with running the same browser version (IE 11)?

This issue also happens with Lumina 930 8.1

I've confirmed that it is the RokSprokcet module that causes the issue. If you disable the roksprocket module this page loads perfectly on all the browsers and Operating Systems mentioned.

However, if I use a filter to restrict to a specifc tag it works.

It's also important to note that RokSprocket (with loading from Zoo in mosaic) works on other pages on the site without issue.

It seems that the issue may be coming from an individual item?

Pls advise.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Dustin Czysz. Reason: Did not want the url publicly posted due to client confidentiality.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED RokSprocket not working with Windows 8.1, 8 or 7 on IE 11

• Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "General Discussion" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

What template is that?
      Are you using the latest version of the template and Gantry4?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED RokSprocket not working with Windows 8.1, 8 or 7 on IE 11

• Just renewed my subscription.

The template is a highly customized version of Paradigm v1.1 on Gantry 4.1.32

RokSproket version is 2.1.17

Joomla version is 3.6.5
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The current version of paradigm is v1.6 - please update to latest version as it contains many fixes. If you have changed our template files then you are going to have to redo those customisations.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• When I say highly customized, I mean it is hardley recongnizable from the original. Hundreds of hours of work. I don't belive it is upgradeable. Is there any other way to narrow in on the cause of the error?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• There are many fixes in the updated versions that will not be in your version. This is why you should never change our original template files. I did try your site on IE11 on different PCs and they all appear to work for me... So really unless I can reproduce this issue on the current version of our template it's hard to offer any further advice.

Regards, Mark.

• What about premier support?

• I'm totally fine with paying for the Premier Support service. Just want to make sure it covers this sort of things before proceeding. Pls advise.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry for the delay in replying I had to check with our support.

Sorry but premier support won't be able to investigate this issue for you unless the template is brought up to current version v1.6. The reason for this is that:
      a) we may already have made fixes in this version that corrects the issue you see
      b) the demo appears to be working fine - but please check yourself on http://demo.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates/paradigm/ and http://demo.rockettheme.com/joomla-extensions/roksprocket/
      c) the issue may be caused by your own bespoke modifications to our template and this is beyond the scope of the premier support service (they will only look at our standard "out of the box" products).
      d) this may be caused by a third-party extension/plugin - so try disabling any you have and clear server and browser cache between each change.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by MrT.

• I've narrowed down this issue to the following:

There is some sort of size limitation set by the Windows OS 8.1 and below for IE.

We have just under 300 items that are being loaded from zoo into roksprocket. If I unpublished about 50 of these it works perfectly. Re-publish to many (tested randomly) and the page crashes again with 'page cannot be displayed'.

This only occurs in Windows 8.1 or below running IE. All other browsers work fine as does IE on Windows 10.

I realize this is a bit outside your support and am including this in case anyone else runs into the issue.

Is there a IE limitation that you are aware of that was removed in windows 10 that would be doing this?

It's a new one on me.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds