Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED php 7.0 error

• Oliver
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED php 7.0 error

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • Hi,

I have some new issues with backend strange that some recommend me to update php to 7.0, in order to solve them.

But when I do that, website breaks, appearing this message related with gantry.

Error displaying the error page: Unable to create the cache directory (/homepages/17/d663329065/htdocs/EUCDM2/cache/gantry5/rt_xenon/twig/b4).: Unable to create the cache directory (/homepages/17/d663329065/htdocs/EUCDM2/cache/gantry5/rt_xenon/twig/f7).

Please, what can I do to update with my host provider to php 7.0?

Thanks and regards,
      Oliver
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED php 7.0 error

• Please ensure that you are using the latest version of Gantry 5 and your chosen template (and any other RT products too). Backup before updating. If still no good, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Oliver
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• login details do not work - please check.

You have Gantry 5.3.6 installed which is eons out of date - please update to Gantry 5.4.9.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Oliver
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Sorry Mark.

Now
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• As I said - you were using Gantry 5.3.6 so I've now updated this to Gantry 5.4.9 and also the Xenon template to v1.2.2.

So now try switching to php 7.x and you should be ok.

Regards, Mark.
    • Oliver
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Perfect Mark. It works!!!

Can you give me link with steps to update frame and template myself?

Kind Regards,
      Oliver
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Download Gantry 5 for joomla component from Gantry site, install in extensions manager http://gantry.org/downloads

Download standalone template from RT site, install in extensions manager.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Oliver

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds