Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Paradox not responsive

• Paradox not responsive

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • I need some help making sure that the Paradox template is responsive. Since there aren't very many choices with Gantry 5, we were forced to pick one that is using Gantry 4. I would appreciate some help getting the menu to swap to a mobile menu when the screen is small. How can I accomplish this?

islandbreezequilting.com/
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Tad Osborn.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Paradox not responsive

• Re: Paradox not responsive

• This is a dissapointing response as your website brags about the responsiveness of ALL of the templates, yet your response indicates that I need to get a third party tool as well as change a lot of things. Vague general response doesn't help me at all. There really shouldn't be ANYTHING that I need to do to make it responsive.

It should work out of the box. Why is it that you only offer about 10 Joomla templates that are Gantry 5? I've never had an issue with responsive Gantry 5 templates. Seems to me that your company should invest the time and money in upgrading all of your templates to the current framework.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Here is the compatibility matrix that clearly states that Paradox is not responsive http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates-compatibility-matrix . If templates are not responsive to start with trying to make them so after the event is a huge amount of work.

I also don't recall seeing where we claim ALL of our templates are responsive so if you could provide me with us with a link we can have that corrected if needed.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Paradox not responsive

• The demo for the site shows that it supports mobile custom theme support.

Thank you fro the matrix page. I'll be sure to only use templates that are resposive out of the box. I really don't understand why you continute to offer old templates that are not responsive...who would want dated technology and have to customize templates created 5 years ago to adapt them for what everyone expects these days...mobile ready.

From my perspective...this is deceptive or confusing at best.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• We don't set out to deceive or confuse anyone.

We offer to older templates still because some members have bought lifetime support subscription on them and we honour that commitment.

The theme does offer mobile suport but that does not in any way mean that it is responsive. So your assertion that we stated all templates were responsive was incorrect as far as I can tell - but if there is a link that you know of that claims this then I will happily investigate this further for you.

At the time that Paradox was released we weren't even building responsive templates because the technology didn't even exist then. What we offered instead was mobile position mapping (See screenshot) and this is what the template supports. But, just to reiterate, that is a mapped fixed view - it does not imply that the template is responsive.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds