Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Best platform for business type directory?

• Best platform for business type directory?

Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    • Hi,

I have a pretty broad question, I'm equally familiar with both joomla and wordpres platforms, wanted to know which would be the best of these 2 platforms to build a business directory type website.

I have a client that wants a CMS website that will enable them to build a business directory. I will be setting the website up, it will be branded with their business details throughout, header and footer, their style and will include member pages. Each member/business owner will have their own username/password and page that they can easily edit, add text, pictures, videos and links etc. They will each have just one page to advertise their business and they will pay an annual fee for the listing. admin needs to be simple for each registered user so that they can login and access just their page, rather than have to go through all the pages.

I just wanted to know which platform would provide the easiest and best solution from an administrators perspective. I don't intend to be the administrator for the website, this will be handed over to my client.

A very broad question, but I do use rocket theme joomla templates and rocket theme wordpress themes exclusively.

Any advice/suggestions/info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      Scott
    • findhab
    • Rocketeer

Re: Best platform for business type directory?

• Hi,

I am using "J Business Directory" Extension + Ethereal template (you can basically use any of the templates).

Regards
      KB
    • Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by findhab.
    • The following users have thanked you: wildmorgan

• Re: Best platform for business type directory?

• Thank you for the link mate. This looks like the perfect solution. I do prefer to work with joomla over wordpress, my concern was how easy it would be for my client and the businesses to work within the admin side. How easy is it to register a business listing and add their content?

Thanks again for the advice.

Cheers,
      Scott
  • Re: Best platform for business type directory?

• just had a quick squizz at the admin, looks perfect, nice and easy for businesses
    • findhab
    • Rocketeer

Re: Best platform for business type directory?

• Yes, very easy for businesses to register and update their listings on their own. The extension needs one-time setup from admin side.

regards
      KB
    • The following users have thanked you: wildmorgan

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds