Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Differences between the different Content Particles

• wombat
    • Rocketeer

Differences between the different Content Particles

Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    • Hi,

Was just looking at the Documentation for the Gemini Template and was wondering what the differences are between the various Content Particles. These are specifically the "Block Content", "Grid Content", and "Simple Content". At first glance they appear to all do the same thing.

Just to let you know, the link for the "Simple Counter" in the Documentation is not working, instead I get this error

Unable to locate /home/shared/sites/rockettheme.com/site/Documentation/Docs/joomla/templates/gemini/particle_counter.md

I think that this might have been reported already, but the Search function for the Forum is also not working correctly. When doing a search for "Content Particle Differences" I get the following error. Was hoping I might find an answer in the forums to my question

no such index [index: kunena]
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Differences between the different Content Particles

• wombat
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Damir,

Thanks for the reply, but I have already looked through the docs. Here is what is in them;

Simple Content Particle;

The Simple Content particle enables you quickly and easily add one or more simple blocks of content to your page.

Grid Content Particle;

The Grid Content particle enables you quickly and easily add one or more simple blocks of content to your page.

Block Content Particle;

The Block Content particle is a great way to create a clean and simple content block with images and text.

They all look like they do basically the same thing, except with the block content particle you can add images. If I understood everything correctly, The Block Content article can also be used the same as both the grid content and simple content particles, and the grid content particle can also be used the same way as the simple content particles. If that is the case, then why not just use the Block Content Particle? This is something that I have wondered about for years with joomla extensions. There are many extensions where one of them can do a little, another does a little more, and yet another does still more, but people still install all of them instead of just using the one that can do everything the others can.

I was just wondering if I was over-seeing something about what these can do and how they work.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds