Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

different "read more" overrides

• chris
    • Rocketeer

different "read more" overrides

Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    • hello everybody.
      i would appreciate your help in something.

i am trying to override the "read more" label,in language overrides but i need something different this time.
      i would like to create several different "read more" labels. for example i would like to say "learn more" in one case, "i am interested" in another, "more details" in other etc..
      these labels (buttons) are used in roksprocket strips module, in articles, and generally in page breaks i insert.

any help please?

as you have guessed already, when i override the read more it changes all these labels globaly... but i want different ones for each occasion
    • wombat
    • Rocketeer

Re: different "read more" overrides

• I haven't done much in the last couple of years, but can't you change these in the module? I think that for every new instance for the module you can change what this reads. It at least used to be like this. If this is for the joomla content, then I think a Language string needs to be added specifically for the article.

Like I said, I haven't done much for quite a while, but it used to be like this
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: different "read more" overrides

• Please note that by the other member answering your post it took you out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and you therefore had to wait longer for an RT response.

The language constant is all or nothing i'm afraid so you have two choices.

1. add your own button in the desciption rather than relying on roksprocket.

or

2. Change the specific button you want to change with custom CSS.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds