Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Template does not show on site

• SOLVED Template does not show on site

Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    • I have installed the template and the backend administrator works fine, OSMOSIS template shows as my master template and I have assigned all pages to it. But the site front end just shows white. ANY help?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Template does not show on site

• That will be a server500 error (look in browser console). Look in apache error log for a better error message. Also, set "error level" in global configuration to "maximum" to see if that yields a better error message. Also, check that you meet requirements...

System Requirements:

Apache 2.x or Microsoft IIS 7
      PHP support for the SQLite PDO driver
      PHP support for the MySQL PDO driver
      MySQL (5.0.4 or higher) with InnoDB support
      PHP support for PDO
      PHP support for GD2
      PHP 5.3.x and above (5.4.x and above for Gantry 5)

Also, if you are running Joomla 3.0, the minimum specs for Joomla 3.0 are found here https://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/technical-requirements.html - you can safely ignore this link if you are running J2.5.

Check php memory_limit is at least 128M too.

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Template does not show on site

• Thank you for responding so fast.

I have checked my stats and they are good to go.

The site is www.antigayviolence.com , the administrator login is joshyoung with password hope1948.

The site is working on another account, www.gentryoung.com/antigayviolence.com/ (same username and password, just different hosting account on GoDaddy). All I did was transfer this working site to the client's hosting account. Both are on GoDaddy.

Gantry Framework for Joomla! v4.1.32
      PHP Built On Linux a2plcpnl0468.prod.iad2.secureserver.net 2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.15.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Jul 17 09:01:31 EDT 2016 x86_64
      Database Version 5.5.49-cll-lve
      Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
      PHP Version 5.4.45
      Web Server Apache/2.4.23
      WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
      Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.8 Stable [ Ember ] 24-December-2015 19:30 GMT
      Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
      User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.116 Safari/537.36
      PHP Built On Linux a2plcpnl0468.prod.iad2.secureserver.net 2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.15.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Jul 17 09:01:31 EDT 2016 x86_64
      Database Version 5.5.49-cll-lve
      Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
      PHP Version 5.4.45
      Web Server Apache/2.4.23
      WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
      Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.8 Stable [ Ember ] 24-December-2015 19:30 GMT
      Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
      User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.116 Safari/537.36
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I just noticed that you have no current subscription.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

But I offer the following observations:

1. php memory_limit is too low at 64M - increase this to at least 128M
      2. Joomla is way out of date on J3.4.8 (current version is 3.6.2) so you should update.
      3. many of the RT extensions are out of date too and need updating (e.g. roksprocket).
      4. osmosis template is way out of date on v1.2 and is giving error (current version is v1.6) so you should update it.

backup before doing any updates.

Hopefully updating everything to latest version should resolve the issue. (remember to clear browser and server cache too).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks for the information. I have tried to update the site but I get various error messages. I can uninstall the site clean and then install the Template using Rocketlauncher and get it working BUT can I then just install the working database (from my working site) and get it online?
    • Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by MrT.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So, just about everything on that site was way out of date - so I updated them all to latest version that are compatible with your new hosting environement. Unfortunately the error persists. So, please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post so I can do other checks.

Regards, Mark.

• Thank you, Mark. I've really been struggling and can't seem to find a solution. On Godaddy, it's...

Username: Voyager13579
      Password: Guarneri_ruggieri7

I owe you one for this.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Is that an FTP account login? because it doesn't work?

Regards, Mark.gg

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by MrT. Reason: moved password and login to secure tab

• Mark, if you want to get to the files that work, they are posted on my personal account
    • Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by MrT. Reason: moved password and login to secure tab

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds