Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

High Resolution Logo for Retina Display

• High Resolution Logo for Retina Display

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    • Hi guys,

I need to specify a high resolution image for logo display on retina devices (i.e., iphones). I'm using the Lumiere template and there doesn't appear to be any built in ability to do this.

Having been developing on WordPress for several years now, I've become accustomed to templates supporting this (criticial) feature. I wrote in to RT and got this response:
      Take your current logo and double the resolution (144 dpi [dots per inch]). The document size width and height do not change but the pixel dimension will change to double it’s normal size.

Rename the logo with @2x: logo.png will be This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

3) Then read up on Retina.js:

imulus.github.io/retinajs/

and utilize it (can be placed in /js/ directory in templates/rt_lumiere/ and then linked to via index.php file.)

Seems the best route from what I can see (I have no experience with this though). You can post for additional support via our forum if you'd like.

But I've read here in the forum that retinajs doesn't play well with the RT templates.

I recently paid for an upgrade of the Lumiere template and if you'll pardon me for saying so, this capability is standard practice now and should be included in your templates' core functionality.

In any case, I'd appreciate more precise instructions on how to make this happen if possible.

Thanks.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by ironlion37.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: High Resolution Logo for Retina Display

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
  • Re: High Resolution Logo for Retina Display

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • Unfortunately this doesn't work. In all other sites I've dealt with, the retina logo needs to be 2x the pixel dimensions. Doubling the dpi alone (and not the pixel dimensions) does not make retina ready image.

I guess there's no easy way to do this.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds