Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokSprocket and AdminTools .HTACCESS Front-End protection option

• Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

RokSprocket and AdminTools .HTACCESS Front-End protection option

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Hello, I am using the latest versions of both of the above components.

In AdminTools' HTACCESS maker, if I enable the Front-End Protection function, it prevents RokSprocket module images from displaying. Is this a known issue? I have been able to easily replicate this on all the sites I use.

HTACCESS maker
      Server protection
      ---Protection Toggles
      Front-end protection (YES / NO)

In HTACCESS maker, there is an area to add (Allow direct access, including .php files, to these directories). Would you be able to tell me what specifically I should add in relation to RokSprocket?

I am not attaching a site url as none of the sites have the option enabled currently as it disables alot of the images.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Michael.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokSprocket and AdminTools .HTACCESS Front-End protection option

• Have a look at the messages in the console when the images are not showing - you're probably gett 403 forbidden, this will tell you what directory/file that you need to allow an exception for in htacess maker.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi Mr. T.

I tried that but it comes up with the JPG images themselves and not anything else. I did put the path to those images in the HTACCESS maker, but no effect. Any other ideas?

I put a link to a page affected by this on the secure tab.

Thanks again.

UPDATE : Going by Akeebabackup forums, there is a cache handler on RokSprocket, and that needs to be added to create an exception. I don't seem to be able to find the file(s) responsible for the cache handler. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

www.akeebabackup.com/support/admin-tools...-on-in-htaccess.html
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Michael.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I added this as the exception and it seems to be working now.
      cache/mod_roksprocket

I will mark it as solved after some more testing if there is no more issues.

Thanks again.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You should actually have the exception on the cache folder - other things will write to that too (not just roksprocket).

Is your issue now solved? If so, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds