Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Android question IMPORTANT

• Android question IMPORTANT

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Hey guys! Im working on a site for my customer naturliv.org/index.php
      He brings up that the site does not look ok in his eyes, in his Samsung mobile and ereader, I got the answes from one rockettheme staff that Rockettheme is not compatible with Android..

This put me in a really bad feeling, if half of all users have Android and the sites I make cannot be displayedproperly nobody will hire me no more.. ?!?

1. How big percent of the users have Android ?
      2. How do you other Rocketthemedevelopers deal with this issue ?
      3. And what can I say to my client now about this ? Im afraid I will lose him, and get a bad reputation, like client prefer webdesigners that can make the site wisible for everybody..

Well I really hope I can get some useful answers for this, thanks in advanse! Since I used Rockettheme for about 8 years I dont want to move to another templatesupplier.

Best reegards Patrik Södergren in Sweden

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Patrik Södergren.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Android question IMPORTANT

• Patrik Södergren wrote:
      I got the answes from one rockettheme staff that Rockettheme is not compatible with Android..

That is absolutely not what I said to you. Rockettheme templates can be used on Android devices. But those devices do need to use the "Chrome for Android" browser or the "Firefox for Android" browser. We do not (and never have) support the "default" Android browser used on older devices. Most of the device manufacturers now use either Chrome or Firefox.

I also explained that the "default" Android browser was very buggy and does not have the functionality of modern browsers and that is another reason why we can't support it.

As you can see here the "default" browser market share is in rapid decline https://www.netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=1&qpcustomb=1

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Android question IMPORTANT

• Ok, thanks! And sorry for missquoted you. One more information form my customer, he uses chrome on hes devise.. then why is the site not showed up properly ?

See his screenshot
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 1. You're using v1.2 of Myriad - so you should backup and then update to v1.3 (latest).
      2. Those items that you indicated also happen on desktop if you resize the browser window - so the issues are nothing specific to Android or Browser but rather that you haven't written any CSS to deal with your content on smaller viewports. Our template can't do everything for you, sometimes you do have to write your own CSS to deal with your own unique content.

So, I would suggest that your change the font-size on on those elements for smaller viewports using media queries and also alter the strip apollow to stack the items in mobile viewports:
      @media (max-width: 480px) {
      .superhero {
          font-size: 1.5rem !important;
      }
      div.rt-apollo-3 .sprocket-strips-apollo-container.cols-5 .sprocket-strips-apollo-block {
          width: 100% !important;
      }
      }
      @media (min-width: 481px) and (max-width: 767px) {
      .superhero {
          font-size: 1.5rem !important;
      }
      div.rt-apollo-3 .sprocket-strips-apollo-container.cols-5 .sprocket-strips-apollo-block {
          width: 100% !important;
      }
      }
      @media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 959px) {
      }
      @media (min-width: 960px) and (max-width: 1199px) {
      }
      @media (min-width: 1200px) {
      }

This is how to create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 4...

Simply create a file called "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom.css" and put this file in the CSS folder of the template (where <TEMPLATENAME> is the name of the template as seen in template manager e.g. rt_iridescent would be rt_iridescent-custom.css). GANTRY4 will automatically load this CSS file. If you wish, you can also have browser specific files by appending, for example, "-ie9" making the filename "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom-ie9.css"

You can test 99% of things in a desktop browser if you reduce the browser width.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Ok thanks! I just paste in the code from above into my custom.css and see what happens :)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.

• It worked fine according to my customer :) But I would also like the big text on the frontside slideshow to have a little bit space to the screens edge, how can I do that ?

• but ?? Now the logo in the middle is gone and "Myriad" is appearing instead, why is that ?

on the pc and Ipad air 2, Firefox and Safari

• Never mind about that logo, I solved it.

But still need help with this one:

It worked fine according to my customer :) But I would also like the big text on the frontside slideshow to have a little bit space to the screens edge, how can I do that ?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry I've no idea what that means? Please do a screengrab of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

I've shown you how to change font-size so If you want to change at desktop size too then put the same CSS in a desktop and large display media query.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds