Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Do all themes include sample data now?

• SOLVED Do all themes include sample data now?

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • I just installed a new theme for the first time in a while and found that it seems to include the sample layout and data by default. At least, I didn't see an option to not include it during installation.

This is kind of a pain. Is there a way to quickly and easily remove it? Or is there an option to not include it during installation that I just missed?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Do all themes include sample data now?

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • DynamicWebStudios wrote:
      This is kind of a pain. Is there a way to quickly and easily remove it? Or is there an option to not include it during installation that I just missed?

I'm confused? Sample Data only comes with RocketLauncher's. Since it's our Sample Data we don't use Joomla's so if your were to disable the installation of our Sample Data then you would have a pretty barren site.

If you don't want our Sample data then just install Joomla itself and then install our Stand-alone template into that.
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • I would say yes, insofar as the plain-Jane Isotope template had the whole homepage populated with all the particles, entire overlay area setup, etc. I wasn't expecting that from the non-RocketLauncher file.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• That's right, anything that can be seen on any Gantry 5 demo frontpage is also included in our Gantry 5 standalone installs.

The content can be easily removed. Taking Isotope as an example:
      1) Go to > Menus > MainMenu and set Home (or any other menu item) as the Default menu item.
      You can now already refresh the frontend of your site and all the sample data should no longer display.
      2) Go to the Isotope administrator, go to the Outlines and delete the 'Isotope - Home Particles' outline.
      3) If you want you can now also go to > Menus > Menu Manager and delete the 'Isotope Theme' menu.

Kat
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

• To be honest, though I wasn't expecting it, it does make wiring up the menu and getting the template ball rolling much easier and quicker. With the drop-and-drag particle feature and the ease of removing particles, we can literally clean out the demo content and have it completely stripped down in under a minute. :)
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• DynamicWebStudios wrote:

I didn't realize you were posting about Gantry 5? With our Gantry 4 Stand-alone templates they carried no content. For that content you would need the Sample Data from a RocketLauncher install. Gantry 4 itself was a framework and also had no content.

With Gantry 5 the scenario is a little different with the advent of Particles. These particles represent content and are coded directly into the menu pages of a Stand-alone Gantry 5 template.
  • Re: SOLVED Do all themes include sample data now?

• Is there something I can read up on new terminology like Particles and what they are/what they do?
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Posted 8 years 1 month ago

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds