Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Snap style scrolling

• Snap style scrolling

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Hi, is there a template that utilises snap style scrolling? My client is very keen on having the snap style scrolling with each section of the homepage to be full height so the user only sees one section at a time. They use this an example of the style they want -

rui-d.com/EN/about.htm

I've looked through the various RT templates and can't really find anything that matches this. How difficult would it be to mofify a template to match this functionality?

Thanks, JR
    • A RT Big Fan
      Melbourne, Australia
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Snap style scrolling

• Wow that site is awful (sorry) - takes forever to load and all sorts of overlapping errors.

I'm not quite sure what you mean (even after looking at that site). But have a look at our "Entropy" template. You can do something similar with any of the templates and it's just using named anchors and you can also make the sections full page.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Snap style scrolling

• Thanks Mark, it is pretty awful isn't it! It's the style the client is after though when you scroll down, each section of the homepage locks in to a full page view.
      If you say this effect can be achieved with named anchors and manipulating the sections, that's great. I will have a play around with an existing site and see how I go.

JR
    • A RT Big Fan
      Melbourne, Australia
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Snap style scrolling

• You can't make it "jump" or "snap" like that without Javascript coding - but you certainly can make it work like "entropy" check out that demo and you will it works in a simlar fashion and you can make each section full page too.

Let us know how you get on.

Is your issue now solved? If so, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds