Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Virtuemart and Chimera Template problems.

• Virtuemart and Chimera Template problems.

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Hello everyone.

I've installed the virtuemart webshop on our Chimera template but i have some problems concerning : I cant add items to our cart, the box is blank and i cant put any numbers in it.

My question is, is it possible to get Virtuemart to work with Chimera or does Rockettheme have another template better suited for Virtuemart?

Thank you

- Ole
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Virtuemart and Chimera Template problems.

• Hi there,

Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Can you please post a link to the problem and we will do our best to assist you.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: Virtuemart and Chimera Template problems.

• David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Virtuemart and Chimera Template problems.

• Hi Ole,

There is a conflict in css. As you are using RokBooster I cannot see if you have a custom css but if you do then please add the following code...

.addtocart-bar input, .addtocart-bar input[type="text"] {
          padding:0;
      }

That should then allow order quantity to be seen and adjusted. It then asked me to add my address so I presume that it must be working.

If you don't have a custom css file then simply create a file called "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom.css" and put this file in the CSS folder of the template (where <TEMPLATENAME> is the name of the template as seen in template manager e.g. rt_chimera). GANTRY4 will automatically load this CSS file. If you wish, you can also have browser specific files by appending, for example, "-ie9" making the filename "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom-ie9.css"

Hope this helps 8)
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by David Goode.
    • The following users have thanked you: Velomobilcenter

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

• Hello David.

Thank you so much :D

It now shows the box correctly though the plus and minus still doesnt work, know why? EDIT: I tried to turn off Rok-Booster and now it works.

Solved.

Thanks again.

- Ole
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Velomobilcenter.

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • [SOLVED] This fixed the same VirtueMart issue in Vermilion. Thanks for solving this David.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Clayton @ ShockoeStudios.com.
    • Web Design + Photo + Video = Websites That Work!

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds