Convert Joomla Osmosis Template into Wordpress Osmosis template

• RobNob
    • Rocketeer

Convert Joomla Osmosis Template into Wordpress Osmosis template

Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
    • im not positive were to post this but i was looking to hire someone tha
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
      t had complete understanding of the rockettheme templates that could easily convert my existing joomla theme into wordpress witgout losing functionality of the rockettheme modules.
  • Re: Convert Joomla Osmosis Template into Wordpress Osmosis template

• RobNob
    • Rocketeer

Re: Convert Joomla Osmosis Template into Wordpress Osmosis template

• Hi Hugo - my membership just expired so i don't think i have access to that page.

Why leaving Joomla to go to Wordpress? To be honest, if someone convinced me otherwise i'd probably stay. With that said - I feel (and this could be my lack of knowledge) that Wordpress has a huge upper hand when it comes to its plugins, SEO and user-friendliness. If I create a blog using WordPress i almost am immediately competitive in SEO using SEO by Toast plugin. I have not found a plugin for Joomla that is comparable. I have also found that the "newsletter platforms" are much more supportive on Wordpress - I use optin-plugins like Optin Monster with MailChimp and cannot find a comparable one for Joomla (maybe AcyMailing for newsletters, but no great modules).

My last thought is that Joomla seems much more robust when it comes to file structure and layout. This leads to slower page speeds and harder navigation. In Wordpress - RocketTheme has a nice CSS override from the "sytle" page of the template manager. This has come in handy! In Joomla, I find myself needing to login to my cpanel or use xtplorer to weed my way through a massive amount of CSS files.

I would really be interested in your thoughts/response Huge. Thanks
    • RobNob
    • Rocketeer

Re: Convert Joomla Osmosis Template into Wordpress Osmosis template

Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
    • no thoughts?
  • Re: Convert Joomla Osmosis Template into Wordpress Osmosis template

Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
    • You are absolutely right, if your website is only a Blog, you need good SEO right out of the box, and be easy to use. You are exactly in the 3 aspects (together) that Joomla can't compete with WP.

You could use Joomla with K2 and sh404sef, you will have more control over SEO, but the easy to use factor will not be there.
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds