Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Creating a new page in Joomla

• renato

Creating a new page in Joomla

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • Hello guys, I feel a bit embarassed for this question... but I don't know whatelse to do...

I looked for the answer on internet but I cannot find it, so I thought to ask here.

I have my web page with RocketTheme of course, I have just started to use joomla so everything is new for me, my problem now is the following:

I have a page with an events list (themed parties), there is the title for the first event, example: White Party, I created a link on this title and I would like to be addressed to the page white-party.

Then I created a new article, with White Party as title, and white-party as Alias, selecting Public and Published.

I thought I could use a link clicking on White Party such as www.mydomain.ie/index.php/features/white-party .

But that page does not exists...

Sorry it is such a stupid question, but I really do not know what to do to create a simple page to reach through a link :(

Thank you patient guys!
  • Re: Creating a new page in Joomla

• The no-sef url is something like: index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=xx, wher xx=article ID. Depends on your joomla SEF and server configuration to determine final SEF URL.
      why dont you just create a menu item for that white party?
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web
    • renato

Re: Creating a new page in Joomla

• Hi Hugo, thank you for your answer! How can I know what is my link? Usually it is just associated with the alias chosen... as well as the other links which are in the menu.

Besides, since I create more events, I do not like having a menu with the name of all the events that I create, but only a menu "Events" and clicking it I would see the result, once I see the result, I click on the title and I can see the page with the details.

Now It is the page of the details that I do not know how to reach and I am stuck on this point :(
  • Re: Creating a new page in Joomla

• renato wrote:
      Besides, since I create more events, I do not like having a menu with the name of all the events that I create, but only a menu "Events" and clicking it I would see the result, once I see the result, I click on the title and I can see the page with the details.(

That is part of the Joomla core functionalities. If every event is an article, create a new article category and assign your events articles to that category, then create a menu item "Events" to display a Category List type.
      renato wrote:
      Now It is the page of the details that I do not know how to reach and I am stuck on this point :(

You will not need to guess the article URL, the Category List menu item will display all articles as a link.
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds