0 items Join Now

Site Deleted, Database OK

• Tim Miller
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Video, Joomla, Grfx

Site Deleted, Database OK

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • Hey Guys,

So I've been working on a site for the last few weeks. I was just getting ready to move it from a working directory to the root...but I accidently deleted the entire working directory.

Unfortunately I didn't download the akeeba backup that I had just made...so I have to go back a week to the latest cPanel restore point.

Questioin:
      I've just downloaded the most recent Database. What would happen if I restored the database to the most recent one after the last week restore took place?

My guess is that articles, menus, modules and Joomla settings would import, but since then I installed a few plugins...

What should my next steps be?

Thanks so much in advance.
    • ----
      Tim Miller
      timmiller.net
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Site Deleted, Database OK

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • first thing I would do is make a backup of the SQL DB in phpmyadmin. Then I would check with the hosting support to see if they take regular back ups. chances are they have a relatively recent copy of the site.

Alternatively, you can create an empty Joomla site with a new database all the same extensions in it and switch the database to the old one. that should populate the content and settings as it was.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by cdavis411.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds