Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Removing index.php from the url but adding a rewrite

• Swiggle1
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Removing index.php from the url but adding a rewrite

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • So I used the SER url rewrite and removed the index.php However my pages were already indexed by google and I have multiple 303 rewrites in my htaccess file. I want to make it to where when a person goes to a webpage the originally has /index.php/tom it just removes index.php and redirects them to /tom. I may be asking my question in an odd way but any help would be much appreciated.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Removing index.php from the url but adding a rewrite

• Just use something like SH404SEF extension (or even joomla's own redirect module).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Swiggle1
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Im not exactly sure how to do that. Currently i have about 100 errors in google webmaster tools for including index.php and I am not sure exactly how to remove that throught he redirect or through the plugin you suggest.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You need to read the documentation for the plugin - that will tell you how.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds