Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Subscribe Button Help

• DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Subscribe Button Help

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Almost all RocketTheme templates have a little form at the bottom to collect an email with a "join" or "subscribe" button.

I know that this is purely for demo purposes and it's up to each member how they decide to use the forms or install newsletter components like AcyMailing etc.

However, my website has been the target of hackers and I am in the process of re-coding from ground up and I'd rather not use a component like Acy because I don't want to store customer information on the webserver.

What I'd like is for the button to simply send me an email with the content of the input box and throw up a nice "thank you for your subscription" message.

Can anyone help to let me know how to accomplish this?

Thank you!
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Subscribe Button Help

• DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Damir

Thank you for your suggestions. I am wanting to use as few external components as possible to make it as hard as possible for the site to get hacked again.

I just need the button to kick off a PHP send mail action that emails the content of the input box "email" to my email address. And also to use the form styling that comes with the installed RT template (Nuance in this case)
      I didn't think I'd need to install any component to accomplish that. Is there another way?

Many thanks
    • Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by DTAL.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thank you Damir

I will look into that.

To answer your question, spam I can deal with, components with SQL injection vulerabilities that allow a hacker to compromise my entire system and overwrite all my content and inject their own malicious code, I cannot deal with.

This is why I am asking how I can achieve it with just my template and no other third party component.

Whilst I appreciate the time you took to find that link for me and I will indeed look into it, I would still like to know how I could do it with just simply coding the button to have my server send me an email.

Thanks once again.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds