Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hover effect

Hover effect

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • This message contains only secure information that is visible to , moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Hover effect

• Your subscription seems to have expired?

just put the text in an "A" tag (link) and use CSS to style the hover as you wish.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Marc,
      Thank you for your quick reply. Do you know what I the css should look like to style the hover and which file I should put it in? Is there any way to make sure it is not a link as I don't want it to link anywhere?

Thank you,
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• HTML:
      <a class="myhoverclass" href="javascript::void();">some text</a>

CSS:
      .myhoverclass:hover {
          color: red;
          font-size: 2em;
      }
      Change styling above to suit your needs.
      This is how to create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 4...

Simply create a file called "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom.css" and put this file in the CSS folder of the template (where <TEMPLATENAME> is the name of the template as seen in template manager e.g. rt_fracture). GANTRY4 will automatically load this CSS file. If you wish, you can also have browser specific files by appending, for example, "-ie9" making the filename "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom-ie9.css"

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thank you. The only thing is that I'm trying to have a box open with some text inside when I hover the text. I don't want a popup but just something that explains. Thank you in advance if you know the html code and css.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You didn't say that before - you said you wanted a hover effect - now what you're asking for is actually a tooltip - so give this extension a whirl instead... http://www.nonumber.nl/extensions/tooltips

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds