Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Responsive menu issue

• Kostas
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Responsive menu issue

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Dear all,

First of all my apologies for posting a template related issue here, but I need some clarification before I go and buy a support subscription.

I am using the RT_Paradigm template v1.1 and Gantry v4.1.22 and there is a problem with Chrome browser on smartphone devices where the menu items are not clickable. Sometimes, if you repeatedly and fast click a menu item, it will work, but in most cases it doesn't.

The website in question is at the Secure tab of this post along with information about the smartphone devices and Chrome versions.

I would like to ask if that was a known problem and it is now fixed, so I can go ahead and buy a subscription to get the latest files or if this is a problem solely with my website. If the second applies, I would like to know if you can help me fix it, either free or by buying a subscription.

Thanks a lot for your time.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Responsive menu issue

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • I tried your site on several devices and browsers and they all worked just fine. For Android devices, we only support chrome for android and firefox for android - no other browsers.

A subscription is required for support and to obtain latest versions of our products.

I did check our bug log too and nothing has been reported about this issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Kostas
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Thank you very much for your answer. Can I ask if you indeed tried Chrome on Android devices? Because I have 2 (Sony Experia Z2 and LG G2 (LG-D802)) and the menu links are not working on Chrome. On Firefox in the same devices, the links are working. Can you please confirm that the menu links are not working on Android devices using Chrome?

If you confirm that, I would be glad to purchase a subscription if you can tell me that your team can fix the issue. I don't mind purchasing a subscription at all. I just need the issue to be fixed since users with Android smartphones are unable to navigate using the menu.

Thanks in advance.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

I just tested your site on my Galaxy Note 3 and the mobile menu is non-functional. I also tested our demo and that works just fine.

Hope this helps 8)
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I asked David to test on his Android. So it appears that the issue is with your particular site. I'm afraid that further support does require a subscription.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Kostas
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you for the confirmation of the problem. Would you say that if I purchase a subscription you will be able to identify and fix the problem? If so I will subscribe as soon as possible.

Thanks again.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Honestly, we don't know until we look, we'll do our best but we can't offer any guarantees.

Regards, Mark.
    • Kostas
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hello,

I just purchased a subscription with RocketTheme, so it would be great if you could fix my menu problem. I remind you that the menu items are not clickable on Chrome for Android devices (smartphones).

As a sidenote, if it helps you identify the problem, I have another system into which I have integrated my website's header and footer. When I am at that system, then the menu works. If I return to Joomla, the menu does not work. More details and login credentials at the Secure Section.

If any more clarifications are needed please let me know.

Thank you a lot in advance.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry, but would you mind creating a new topic in the correct forum now - as I don't have any android devices it will be better if one of the other MODS assist you with your issues. Also, yes, please turn off pagespeed becuase it makes things far too difficult to debug. Please post all the "secure" details too as you have don on this topic.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds