Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Favicon as iOS icon

• Favicon as iOS icon

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Hi guys!

After Apple launched Yosemite and iOS8 (probably even earlier) there is a new way to show the icon of the webpage in safari. This is not neccesseraly same as the favicon icon which is limited to 16x16. Does anybody know where in the code this "image" should be placed and how the code should look like ?

Thanks!

If you do not know what I mean look at the added screen :)
    • Tilen
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Favicon as iOS icon

• this maybe

www.hongkiat.com/blog/ios-touch-icon/
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Favicon as iOS icon

• Yeah, something like that I tried - but the iOS icons are not yet visible... So this is strange. It said that you need to put the images in the folder of the template and browsers should auto find it / there is also a option with placing the code into the html - but I do not know where...
    • Tilen
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Favicon as iOS icon

• stick it in your webroot ~ public_html... if it doesn't load there, ALSO stick it in your template root~ /templates/rt_name/
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Favicon as iOS icon

• Ok, I will give it a try - need to move the site first :)

Thanks
    • Tilen

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds