Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hidden menu Alias

• Hidden menu Alias

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • I have two menus, Main and hidden.

In the main menu, I have an item named 'Ovens', with and alias 'Bakery and Pizza'

In the hidden menu, I have an item called 'Bakery and Pizza' and it picks up the date alias '2014-09-20-07-08-13'
      This menu is set to Menu Item Alias and points to the Main menu item Oven

I thought from reading, that the hidden menu should pick up the alias FROM the Main menu, but it doesn't. It shows as /2014-09-20-07-08-13/convection-ovens/garbin-64.

I can't make BOTH the same alias as Joomla complains:
      Warning, Save failed with the following error: Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent.

Is my understanding wrong?

Gordon.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Hidden menu Alias

• I'm :O 'd that Joomla would allow an alias like 'Bakery and Pizza', usually Joomla creates the alias as 'bakery-and-pizza'.

The '2014-09-20-07-08-13' is the date format alias Joomla provides when a menu item isn't manually created by the user. Simply change it to 'bakery-and-pizza-alias'
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by DanG.
  • Re: Hidden menu Alias

• My Bad, alias is 'bakery-and-pizza'.

If I make the hidden menu alias 'bakery-and-pizza-alias', url will look like:

/bakery-and-pizza-alias/convection-ovens/garbin-64

I'm trying to get: /bakery-and-pizza/convection-ovens/garbin-64

As per original post, I can't make BOTH the same alias as Joomla complains:
      Warning, Save failed with the following error: Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent.

All of the individual articles are shown via hidden menu. We get there via normal menu and a roksrprocket mosaic list.

If I create a MENU ITEM ALIAS, I understood that the ORIGINAL menu item alias would be used instead. This is not happening!

Gordon.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Gordon D Newell. Reason: additional information.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Hidden menu Alias

• Would you please create a Super Admin login for me and place it in the SECURE part of your Reply

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

so that I can take a look.
  • Re: Hidden menu Alias

• Dan,

It's a local Wampserver machine at moment. Damn!

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds