Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

My Topics Disappeared

• KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

My Topics Disappeared

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • I was referencing answers to my support topics. They all but disappeared answers and all. Only one I see is General Discussions. Why? I need resolutions to some on-going troubling issues. For example, slashes being added where they are unwanted breaking a critical plug-in and conflicts where Bootstrap Glyphicons are not showing up in Menus.

Please don't tell me I have to pay more money to get resolutions or have access to answers to solve my problems. I want support for the template I use not for every template in a membership. Thanks.
    • Wordpress 4.2.1, Gantry 4.1.4, Vermilion 1.0, Rock Common 3.1.11, RockSprocket 2.1.1, RockAjaxSearch 1.20
  • Re: My Topics Disappeared

• My topic was removed aswell, maybe becasue my memembership expired.
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: My Topics Disappeared

• If your subscription is expired then you won't be able to see any posts in the paid subscription forums. You can rejoin or you can purchase that template alone and have access to that templates forum.
    • KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • I have a lot of unresolved issues that couldn't be solve in the one year. I only use one template and don't want to re-purchased what conceiveably has already been purchased. So disappointed in RocketTheme for this. My biggest problem is addslashes is rendering some plug-ins useless and destroying my website ADDING \ in front of anything ' or ". My plug-in developers keep sending me back to RocketTheme and RocketTheme keeps sending me to the WP Codex for reading and figuring out own my own. I didn't pay for that treatment and never received a satifactory resolution because my membership expired before it was resolved.

THAT IS JUST NOT FAIR!!!!!
    • Wordpress 4.2.1, Gantry 4.1.4, Vermilion 1.0, Rock Common 3.1.11, RockSprocket 2.1.1, RockAjaxSearch 1.20
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• KittyJ wrote:
      I have a lot of unresolved issues that couldn't be solve in the one year. I only use one template and don't want to re-purchased what conceiveably has already been purchased. So disappointed in RocketTheme for this. My biggest problem is addslashes is rendering some plug-ins useless and destroying my website ADDING \ in front of anything ' or ". My plug-in developers keep sending me back to RocketTheme and RocketTheme keeps sending me to the WP Codex for reading and figuring out own my own. I didn't pay for that treatment and never received a satifactory resolution because my membership expired before it was resolved.

THAT IS JUST NOT FAIR!!!!!
      dear kitty,

i have had a look at all your topics and i feel like sharing the most recent ones here because i believe your disappointment is not justified. the first 2 topics in this list were started by you on the same day that your membership expired (06-Sep-2014), but still received very timely responses by our team. the rest of topics listed have been addressed in a timely manner as well, but received no further responses from you, so our team did not get any chance to continue their problem solving.

topic: How to find RSS link
      posted: 06-Sep-2014, 07:38
      replied to by moderator: 06-Sep-2014, 08:10
      no further response from you

topic: Glyphicons and Font Awesome Missing
      posted: 06-Sep-2014, 01:28
      replied to by moderator: 06-Sep-2014, 20:04

topic: Theme Disable and Switch Affect?
      posted: 02-Sep-2014, 07:33
      replied to by moderator: 06-Sep-2014, 09:54
      no further response from you, but received 'thank you'

topic: addslashes in theme problematic
      posted: 02-Sep-2014, 00:17
      replied to by moderator: 03-Sep-2014, 00:38

topic: Page Surround Custom Image Not Working
      posted: 13-Aug-2014, 23:01
      replied to by moderator: 14-Aug-2014, 00:41
      bug identified: 14-Aug-2014, 02:04
      fix provided: 11-Aug-2014, 10:44

topic: RokSprock 3rd Plug-in Conflict with Mosaic
      posted: 22-Jul-2014, 00:13
      first replied to by moderator: 24-Jul-2014, 16:53
      last replied to by moderator: 27-Jul-2014, 21:35

any older topics not listed here have been responded to by our team as well and did not receive any further responses from you either. in my opinion, our team has done a great job to assist you with your issues.
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks. There's a real learning curve using RokThemes for newbies. Docs for Wordpress themes (Vermilion) aren't as developed as Joomla docs. Started with Leviathan and ditched after about 9 months cause couldn't figure configuration out. Realized some problems transferred over to the next theme. Had a number of distracting critical conflicts trying to launch the site, which is why some less critical posts were not immediately responded to.

Anyway, not claiming support isn't good. Just saying User should retain access to their own posts for reference and when a solution is found even after expiration. I believe I also provided special Admin credentials on some support requests. Not sure which cause I can't access my own posts. See reply after >>.
      topic: How to find RSS link
      posted: 06-Sep-2014, 07:38
      replied to by moderator: 06-Sep-2014, 08:10
      >> RESOLVED. RSS link works. Didn't realize I had to RESOLVED. Sorry.

topic: Glyphicons and Font Awesome Missing
      posted: 06-Sep-2014, 01:28
      replied to by moderator: 06-Sep-2014, 20:04
      >> Alway and still a problem. Bootstrap now uses Glypicons and they don't show. Might be a charset issue. Font Awesome doesn't work in the menu settings. Can't find docs that address correct usage of "fa fa-" in menus. Gave up cause not critical.

>> RESOLVED. Didn't realize I had to RESOLVED. Sorry.

topic: addslashes in theme problematic
      posted: 02-Sep-2014, 00:17
      replied to by moderator: 03-Sep-2014, 00:38
      >> Theme's add \' and \" or maybe it WP. Either way, can't figure out why or how to stop it from breaking some plugin shortcode output and generated text in Admin fields such as generated email text.

topic: Page Surround Custom Image Not Working
      posted: 13-Aug-2014, 23:01
      replied to by moderator: 14-Aug-2014, 00:41
      bug identified: 14-Aug-2014, 02:04
      fix provided: 11-Aug-2014, 10:44
      >> Still a problem as uploaded background image is ignored by the theme. Gave up and uploaded and replace via FTP.

topic: RokSprock 3rd Plug-in Conflict with Mosaic
      posted: 22-Jul-2014, 00:13
      first replied to by moderator: 24-Jul-2014, 16:53
      last replied to by moderator: 27-Jul-2014, 21:35
      >> Finally figured out I had to go directly to RocketTheme to get latest versions and fixes. Still unsure if there are plug-in conflicts. For example: RokSearch conflicts so forced to disable it which ruins my rok theme search feature.
    • KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

• Feedback?
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• RocketTheme has a very strong community of members and the communal help that is offered on the Forum structure here is very beneficial to those looking to learn, not only about our templates, but how Joomla, Wordpress, phpBB3, and Magento work as well. This is a very big advantage over the typical support ticket type system, but it does require a current subscription.

A support ticket system like other places may use might allow for you to see your old support ticket submissions after a subscription has expired, but at the same time it does not allow you to see other user posts or allow for other members of the community to help each other out.

The RocketTheme Forum has been a huge asset and place of learning for me even before I was a moderator here and it continues to be that same resource for me. I learn a great deal from the other moderaters and community memebers. For me, the subscription is worth far more than its actual cost.

I do hope you choose to renew your subscription and if you spend some time clicking around and reading through the forums, I think you'll find a wealth of information.
    • KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

• @Kat05

Yikes!!! I tested the theme switch affect and NO it didn't impact widget positions, BUT DO warn users not to disable Gantry in the process, which I just stupidly did to help solve a critical conflict.

Still dealing with pending unresolved issues as was listed in your response above. Putting on a happy face, I just switched again to TwentyTwelve to test plug-in conflict with Gantry while disabled. Conflicts with a key paid plug-in not working when enabled only shows shortcode even when Shortcodes in widgets enabled. Guess what? All my RocketTheme widget positions, headers, sidebars, showcases, features, footers, utilities, EVERYTHING disappeared. Restarting from a blank page, I must start all over to reposition each and every one, which has already taken me weeks to perfect.

Obstacles like this is exactly why I've been distracted on the learning curve during my paid membership. Starting all over, troubleshooting, searching forums, posting support topics, replying to responses, setting up and giving admin credentials, Gantry compatibility hick-ups, addslashes breaking plug-ins. It's enough to burn out your membership and that's no exaggeration.

I like the Gantry framework and joined the Google group and the templates are nice to look at, but I'm caucious of handing over more money for membership. The theme I selected is Vermillion (adore it), but I don't want to be forced to buy it again or do an expiring paid memberhip only to be left out of the loop for critical future theme updates. Installed themes should be allowed critical updates without having to pay, pay, pay. User should be able to access posts and support for the installed theme. Just saying.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds