Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

change Menu position when scrolling

• Eido
    • Jr. Rocketeer

change Menu position when scrolling

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • Hi Everyone,

I have paradigm theme with a fixed header, I would like to re-positioned my main menu from "header a" to the "header b" when scrolling.

Any help would be much appreciated
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: change Menu position when scrolling

• Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

You can't do that. Please do a screengrab of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Eido
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• MrT wrote:
      You can't do that. Please do a screengrab of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

What are you trying to achieve? Why not just put the menu in header-b anyway?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Eido
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hello,

this is my header:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

this is when scroll the page:

I want it like this:

:)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You can't change position like that. So, just put the menu in header-b all the time. What you are also failing to take into account is that you are using a responsive template and those menu items will not always fit in the space at the side of the logo. I would also suggest that you use a responsive logo...

To make a responsive logo please see this http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-template-graffito-tutorials-and-guides/177988 .

... and also change header layout to 3|9 for two positions then let's see how it looks.

Regards, Mark.
    • Eido
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks Mark,

Are you sure I can not do something like this by using javascript or duplicate the main menu and hide one of them when scrolling? :(
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes, I'm sure.

1. I am not going to write javascript for your to do that - you're welcome to try though of course
      2. You need to be using the template manager injected menu (so that you get the mobile menu at smaller viewports).

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds